• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble printing Bergin Fills w/flexi

snowgooseusa

Hi everyone, hope you can help me out here. I just started using Flexi *, which is really not a problem but I am using Bergin Fills in my designs, always have. I did what bergin suggested to get the fill in the design but when I finally figured out how to send it to Roland SP300V, it is printing everything except the fill. HELP ME PLEASE, need to finish up and want to stay with flexi the contour cut works super.

Previously used Corel X3 and Versaworks. :help:

BobbyFosson

What version of Flexi are you using ? I have seen all kinds of issues when the Lens Effect is used with design but have not run across a fill not printing... Is the fill visible in the RIP/Print screen?

snowgooseusa

Using Flexi Sign Pro 8, version 8.1v1. Yes it does show in the production manager just is not printing. Tha's what is confusing to me. I can see it but will not print.

Replicator

Never had anything like that happen when printing fills . . . Wish I could be more help !

I know someone here will help you figure it out ! . . . and Welcome to Signs101 !

snowgooseusa

Placing fill

Just so I am clear on this, at least with Bergin fills, per his instructions, I have to open the fill on a separate page, paste a copy of my design on top of the fill, then select graphic and custom fill at the same time, go to arrange, select mask, then mask, then copy and paste back into my original design. That all worked fine, it that is correct. So then I hit print and cut and it all appears on my production manager but that is where it dies. When the SP300V starts printing it leaves out the fill. I have printed these fills through Corel X3 and Versaworks so I know the fills are okay. I could really use so help here...Please

Sign Works

That is odd because Bergen Design Fills print beautifully on my PC-600 & SP-300V out of Flexi, have you tried exporting the file as .EPS and printing it from Versaworks? That works fine for me as well.

snowgooseusa

That is odd because Bergen Design Fills print beautifully on my PC-600 & SP-300V out of Flexi, have you tried exporting the file as .EPS and printing it from Versaworks? That works fine for me as well.

It prints fine in versaworks but the thing is I moved to flexi because I could print and cut direct and it has a great contour cut. I still use Corel but I had not tried to save as .eps. Don't you have to save as .cmx in order to put in flexi and can you still use the contour cut if you do that.

I hate doing contour cuts in Corel, it never lets me keep what I have. If I do a shadow I can never get a good contour cut, in corel. Any quidance in that area would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Try this in Flexi.

-Import your bitmap fill and scale it a little larger than what you want it to cover or mask.

- Select the bitmap alone and go to view> color > define pattern and it will now show in your swatches.

-Select your text, apply the fill from the swatch and send it to rip and print.
It should work fine.

Sign Works

Versaworks recognizes Flexi's contour cut just fine, I generally apply all my contour cuts in Flexi then export as .EPS and then print/cut from Versaworks.

snowgooseusa

Try this in Flexi.

-Import your bitmap fill and scale it a little larger than what you want it to cover or mask.

- Select the bitmap alone and go to view> color > define pattern and it will now show in your swatches.

-Select your text, apply the fill from the swatch and send it to rip and print.
It should work fine.

:cool1: That worked, I did your little trick. Thanks so much the now my metal plate red is perfect. Saved and sent to versaworks. I just have to figure out what I need to do to get my yellow more yellow. If I send it to print in cut the colors come out differently than if I send to versaworks so I need to figure out what's what there so the yellows are more yellow. Thanks so much. Really appreciate it.

snowgooseusa

Versaworks recognizes Flexi's contour cut just fine, I generally apply all my contour cuts in Flexi then export as .EPS and then print/cut from Versaworks.

:signs101: Another fear gone. I figured that you needed to change it to a spot color, but your are soooooooo....right. just tried it with normal flexi contour cut and it worked perfectly. Once again you all are awsome!!! Thanks. I will get the hang of this new program yet. :U Rock:

Sign Works

I get a very Deep rich yellow on my SP-300V using the following RGB values in Flexi, printed from Versaworks.

R - 255
G - 217
B - 0

For a lighter Yellow I use

R - 255
G - 255
B - 0