• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble with AE-70 com

Deus

Hello my name is Herb.

Ive recently brought out the old Anagraph plotter, to which I simply cannot get to work on my new pc.Ive tried buying a new serial card, cords and adapters all to no avail.

If anyone has any tips or advice it would be much appreciated.

Im running Windows 10OS I5 proc, if that matters.

Ice tried old school 25pin direct, nothing.
New 25pin adapter to null cable WITH card, nothing.
endless amounts of googling, nothing but this site which seems legit btw.

If i left anything off let me know and again if anyone has any advice, TY!:rock-n-roll:

what software are you cutting from?

I had a anagraph 101 working on Flexi 7 with Windows XP and Windows 7 with a 25pin. to a 9pin adaptor

Check your setup in your windows hardware is matching to the port you are using.

you can boot plotter and do test cuts without a pc hooked up, is that working?

Deus

what software are you cutting from?

I had a anagraph 101 working on Flexi 7 with Windows XP and Windows 7 with a 25pin. to a 9pin adaptor

Check your setup in your windows hardware is matching to the port you are using.

you can boot plotter and do test cuts without a pc hooked up, is that working?

Corel to Cocut 2015 and older versions just for the hell of it.

Im not sure how to test...nvm

Edit: sorry, ran a test cut and yes its working. This has to be either a driver or software issue

Techman

this is a serial port cutter.
Do you have it connected to the serial port?

If so, then check the serial port set up. Null , 8 , 1

And then,, You must have a NULL modem cable. Any other cable will not work. Null modem cable..

Deus

this is a serial port cutter.
Do you have it connected to the serial port?

If so, then check the serial port set up. Null , 8 , 1

And then,, You must have a NULL modem cable. Any other cable will not work. Null modem cable..

So you're saying I need the serial hooked up with a null adapter and null cable? MY new card has a serial and two 9pin ports, which im trying.

Techman

you do not need anything except a NULL modem serial cable connected to the serial port...

There are two types of serial cables.
One is a Null Modem serial.. This is a straight through.
The other is a crossover.. This one will not work.

Deus

you do not need anything except a NULL modem serial cable connected to the serial port...

There are two types of serial cables.
One is a Null Modem serial.. This is a straight through.
The other is a crossover.. This one will not work.

Ok so I fully understand. What I need to do is adapt on BOTH sides of the 25pin to a null 9 pin cable?

Right now ive tried straight 25pin which didnt work, now 25pin adapted to 9pin(null) to the serial 9 pin.

Edit: I think I finally understand lol, I need a 25pin to serial null cable.

https://www.google.com/search?q=25p...AUQ_AUoAGoVChMI8oirwLL3xwIVCPaACh1iqAyO&dpr=1

Techman

I have a 9 pin connector on the computer adapted to a 25 pin cable.
That cable is a null modem cable.
Pin count does not matter.
The cable matters. I must be a null modem cable