• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Troubleshooting HP 700W Error Dead Screen

angel51

Hello all first time poster here and long time lurker! I have been having a issue with our HP 700w making it usable at the moment.

Our machine is out of warranty and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. It will start up normally and the screen will light up but when it fully boots the screen will turn off not allowing us to use the UI. The power button is flashing and we have already updated to the latest firmware. I was able to download the Service Information also which shows some error codes and system warnings

I do appreciate any input!
1673414382883.png
1673414403313.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There's not much to it. You can check the LEDs but I'm not sure if they really give you anything in this case.

1673417025130.png

1673416997906.png

1673417274553.png

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Hello all first time poster here and long time lurker! I have been having a issue with our HP 700w making it usable at the moment.

Our machine is out of warranty and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. It will start up normally and the screen will light up but when it fully boots the screen will turn off not allowing us to use the UI. The power button is flashing and we have already updated to the latest firmware. I was able to download the Service Information also which shows some error codes and system warnings

I do appreciate any input!
View attachment 163362 View attachment 163363
We had an 0022 error on ours and it was due to our ink lines leaking onto the circuit boards and cables. It was a known issue that HP was apparently trying to get scheduled with all 700 owners but they didnt get to me in time.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The area where the ink leak occurs would only damage components on a 700W's white ink circulation tray, it is no where near the electronics that have to do with the screen. Also the ink leak was not on every printer. HP has a serial number list of printers that had the faulty luer lock connector. We only had one customer that had a printer in the range and we got it fixed before any leak happened.

From the OP's error log, they either have a damaged cable, unlikely, or they have a display that went dead and it will need to be replaced. HP has the screen in stock and it cost $222.36.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The area where the ink leak occurs would only damage components on a 700W's white ink circulation tray, it is no where near the electronics that have to do with the screen. Also the ink leak was not on every printer. HP has a serial number list of printers that had the faulty luer lock connector. We only had one customer that had a printer in the range and we got it fixed before any leak happened.

From the OP's error log, they either have a damaged cable, unlikely, or they have a display that went dead and it will need to be replaced. HP has the screen in stock and it cost $222.36.
What would be your reasoning to replace the screen..?

cornholio

Well, it not necessarily only affects the W units. I just needed to replace a pressure sensor, flooded with ink, while the critical parts on the white tray stayed dry...(pips and pumps)

I did the latest out of the box instruction during installation... checked and tightened the luers on the pressure sensors.

The list of the affected units isn't complete...
This list concerns the IT connectors with cracks. These mostly kill the white tray. White trays are made of unobtainium...

angel51

Just wanted to let everyone know what the fix was. We ended up replacing the board since it seems like a component had failed. Now we are back up and running with it.

nolanola

How to check if my printer is on the list?