• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help TrueVis VG2-540 Processing Issue

lkt1954

Just recently our TrueVis VG2-540 has started going into "now processing" mode at various point when printing a job. Once it does this it just stays in "now processing" mode and does not continue printing, thus you have just lost a job. It happens on both large and small jobs, many of which are repeat jobs that this printer has done before.
This is our 3rd Roland (which replaced a VP-300i) and we are using in conjunction with a VS 540. From the start 10 years ago all our Roland's and versaworks have been installed on two separate computers and are networked to be operated from either computer. All computers/printers are hardwired to the network with ethernet cables. Up to the last week this has never been an issue.
I talking with a Roland tech, I'm now being told a couple of things that I was never told before: 1- vesaworks should be on a separate computer from and other software and 2- the VG2 should be connected directly to that computer or ran with a tablet (two of the 3 printers were installed and set up by a Roland tech and they set everything up on two computers. The VG2 was bought in 2020 and we had to set it up ourselves and a tech remoted into both computers to set up versaworks, again on 2 computers).
On the network, I have just replaced the ethernet cable on the VG2 and our router is less than 6 months old. What I don't understand on this printer for 2 years it has worked under the current setup just fine and now we are having issues with "now processing" and having to start jobs again or move them to the VS-540. I personally think it is either an issue with the VG2 or something within versaworks (which was just installed on a new computer that is well capable of handling the majority of software including adobe and coreldraw.
Any thoughts here? How do you have your printers hooked up to a computer?

Thanks
Larry

rjssigns

Something in the background probably did and "upgrade" and now the system is monkeyed up. Have that issue on campus in the print lab. One tiny little upgrade and it causes the RIP's to crash or not work at all. Not a real fan of network attached stuff wither but that's personal preference.