• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to decide between SignVox and Estimate

SignProPlus-Chip

They both look good. Estimate Enterprise is $30 cheaper per month for the two network seats we would need right now.

I know SignVox is getting some rave reviews at the moment, but I also can't try it out because they don't have a trial version.

So I am looking for some input, especially from anyone that has used both.

Pro and Cons of each?

CanuckSigns

are you looking to just quote jobs? We use estimate here and it works pretty well for what it does, however, as i understand it, signVOX pretty much covers all aspects of the business from estimating to proofing to invoicing.

Letterbox Mike

Signvox has many many more job management features than Estimate. Estimate does a good job at estimating, but beyond that it's not an all-in-one management suite.

Signvox is also one price regardless of how many users you have or where you're logged in at, which is nice. It's more than some other options for smaller shops, but the more employees you have accessing it the more cost effective it becomes. But your shop will run night and day better with it, so that $30 difference between the two will be made up instantly in increased efficiency/time saved.

SignProPlus-Chip

are you looking to just quote jobs? We use estimate here and it works pretty well for what it does, however, as i understand it, signVOX pretty much covers all aspects of the business from estimating to proofing to invoicing.

I'm looking for a tool to help manage the entire business, which is why I'm not even looking at Estimate and only Estimate Enterprise vs SignVox.

Letterbox Mike

If you want to use it as a management feature go with Signvox. We demo'd Estimate Enterprise about a year ago and unless they've made significant changes to it since then Signvox beat it out by a significant margin.

HulkSmash

If you want to use it as a management feature go with Signvox. We demo'd Estimate Enterprise about a year ago and unless they've made significant changes to it since then Signvox beat it out by a significant margin.

Signvox by a mile.

Tons of management features....

Still waiting for Kevin to send me info about the wrap module that was suppose to be out a while ago

0cool

I'm also in the process of looking at these two options, my concern is the lack of cost tracking in signvox. I like everything else it has to offer but unless I missed something in the demo there is no PO or inventory....

I would love to hear some feedback from some of the guys using it and how they handle knowing thier profitability.

Kevin-shopVOX

I'm also in the process of looking at these two options, my concern is the lack of cost tracking in signvox. I like everything else it has to offer but unless I missed something in the demo there is no PO or inventory....

I would love to hear some feedback from some of the guys using it and how they handle knowing thier profitability.

It does handle Purchase orders and material requests. However it does not handle asset management.

wildside

So I am looking for some input, especially from anyone that has used both.

tried them both and use Cyrious Software.

some are very passionate about which one is best, i believe signvox will let you kinda do a month trial... kevin can answer that

we were not a fan of signvox at all, didn't really do what it was advertised to do for us, estimate is well.....estimate, we in the past also used GraphixCalc, and the ole, excel spreadsheets and quickbooks methods, in the end, cyrious has been phenomenal, only the lure of "even better" had us stray away to find it was only a mirage :cool:

J

john1

Loving SignVox, It has transformed my entire business around. (no lie)

Things are going great and i love it. $129 is chump change when it makes you money and manages things for you automatically.

econolinesigns

One of the owners of SignVox, Rao, stopped by our shop about a month ago (this is the second time he has come by since we signed up last July). Customer service and support can't be beat. They have even made changes to the program that we suggested. They continue to make improvements and implement upgrades on a monthly basis to make things easier to use all the time.

TheSnowman

I bought Estimate years ago, and like an idiot, didn't spend much time trying it out during the "demo period" or whatever the setup was that they had. You buy the software and then they were like, OOOOHHHHHHH you want to be able to actually quote or invoice stuff? Well then, you're gonna have to spend more money.

I guess I'm crazy for thinking it should all just come as one thing to get the job done. I know it changed over the coming years, but I never really used it because I never took the time to set it up with whatever it did include with the original purchase. My fault for not doing my work, but I still wasn't impressed that it didn't include the stuff I needed to get the job done after I gave them money.

OlsonSigns601

I love sign vox and it was the people on this forum who referred it. Thank you.

Sign Vox has completely changed the way we manage our business today. I've only had it a month but I find it easier and easier to use everyday.

For me it was being able to track a job to make sure its not getting forgotten that sold me. But now that I have it, I don't miss trying to do my own sign estimates, keeping track of my own sales leads, trying to read my guys chicken scratches on what materials I need to order and most importantly everyone has their own login so I know have the ability to track who did what.

Also the online approval for renderings is nice, provided the customer has e-mail.

I would say go with SignVox but then again I haven't tried anything else other than trying to do it myself and I know that didn't work.

If you go with SignVox you better plan at least a full day or two setting up your shop and then fine tuning constantly for the first week or two. I'm still making changes and I'm still not using all the features.