• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to print Cool Grey 5

bayviewsignworks

I tried the "Density Control Only" using several different profiles but I still get dots. I want it to be smooth, with not dots. Help?

cptcorn

adad
Create in house profiles... printing from machine to machine is different... humidity... temperature... are all variables... you can half ass it like most people and adjust the levels yourself, or you can do it the correct way and start creating your own in house profiles...

bayviewsignworks

Looked it up in help. Under edit menu, used "Special colrs". I wil jump into the Profiles thing. once I got in there I realized I can make my own. Thanks!

Typestries

After yo dial your profiles in, Try printing this test grid file......I created it with a program called Catzper. It should help you find the correct color to get cool gray 5 on your machine. Print it, then compare the output to what you want to hit, id the proper square then sample that squares color in photoshop and use that color value in your design you need to print.

Attachments

• cool gray 5.jpg
    cool gray 5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 64

bayviewsignworks

I did print out out but it was a screen, not solid, 29% black (the CMYK equiv.) The other colors I printed using hte density control only check box and they came out a nice solid. This "gray" didn't seem to act the same way.

Proteus

Cool Gray 5 should be set to the spot color in Illustrator or 15% C, 9% M, 8% Y, 22% K. Period. If the output does not match cool gray 5 you need to recreate your profile or create a custom color in versaworks using a pantone swatchbook. You shouldn't be adjusting color levels in illustrator to achieve a color, because the problem is not your file -- it is your profile.