• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to put Oce Arizona 480GT into storage without spending $3,000 for a tech...

Nibroc99

Hi all,
so my company got a SwissQprint Impala 4 this past August, and the thing is incredibly efficient for what we print. It's replicating screenprinted colors with ease. We also have our old Oce Arizona 480GT, which we now never use aside from doing daily nozzle checks and maintenance once a day. We've been trying to find a buyer for the Oce ever since we purchased the Impala. However, at this point we are spending thousands of dollars on ink we aren't even using aside from purging and printing nozzle checks.
Is there a way that I can drain and flush the inks and essentially put it into storage without having a tech come out? Canon sent us an estimate of $3,000 minimum to have a tech come out to put the press into storage mode, and unfortunately my boss doesn't want to do that either.
We don't have access to the Service and Diagnostics tab, but what we do have is the Ink Flush option under Tools & Utilities. A thought I had was that we could maybe trick the printer into flushing UV flush through the ink system, essentially flushing all of the ink out and leaving only the flush behind which would mean that we wouldn't have to worry about the ink drying in the system. I was thinking that we could do this by cutting the tops off of expired ink bags, cleaning the bags out, and filling the bags with UV flush. I feel like this is probably a bad way to go about things though... No reason, just a hunch, haha.
Canon won't give any help over the phone without sending a tech out either, which is lame. SwissQprint's team is far more helpful and has walked us through nearly everything over the phone which has been refreshing.
Any help that y'all can offer is absolutely welcome. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty here or to take things apart, so I'm all ears an willing to try anything. Thanks everyone and happy new year. :)

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
We can decommission and store it for you. It is a process but can be done.

ToTo

Professional Support
For which reason you would like to store it? Doesn’t make sense to me. You won’t be able to demonstrate and sell it.
So I would decrease pricing until sold.

Hi all,
so my company got a SwissQprint Impala 4 this past August, and the thing is incredibly efficient for what we print. It's replicating screenprinted colors with ease. We also have our old Oce Arizona 480GT, which we now never use aside from doing daily nozzle checks and maintenance once a day. We've been trying to find a buyer for the Oce ever since we purchased the Impala. However, at this point we are spending thousands of dollars on ink we aren't even using aside from purging and printing nozzle checks.
Is there a way that I can drain and flush the inks and essentially put it into storage without having a tech come out? Canon sent us an estimate of $3,000 minimum to have a tech come out to put the press into storage mode, and unfortunately my boss doesn't want to do that either.
We don't have access to the Service and Diagnostics tab, but what we do have is the Ink Flush option under Tools & Utilities. A thought I had was that we could maybe trick the printer into flushing UV flush through the ink system, essentially flushing all of the ink out and leaving only the flush behind which would mean that we wouldn't have to worry about the ink drying in the system. I was thinking that we could do this by cutting the tops off of expired ink bags, cleaning the bags out, and filling the bags with UV flush. I feel like this is probably a bad way to go about things though... No reason, just a hunch, haha.
Canon won't give any help over the phone without sending a tech out either, which is lame. SwissQprint's team is far more helpful and has walked us through nearly everything over the phone which has been refreshing.
Any help that y'all can offer is absolutely welcome. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty here or to take things apart, so I'm all ears an willing to try anything. Thanks everyone and happy new year. :)
Your boss will pay more if the machine is not washed well. Especially if you use 258 ink. You will need a lot of flush.
If I have to do this and if I am responsible for the condition of the heads after few mounts, I will use 1 ltr of flush for each channel. For white may be a little more because of the recirculation. For this procedure will use disk filters 5 microns and after cleaning will change the filters with new ones.

Will need half a day or more.
If this price includes the flush, filters, ink adaptors and responsibility, then it is normal. So your boss will sell the machine in good condition.

If your boss wants to save money on a flush, he can use alcohol, but until before the heads. Don't run alcohol in your heads.
It all comes down to having the procedure done by someone who knows what they're doing.

In the end. Yes. You can cut the bags and use the ink connectors. Cut one and see the size of the connector, because you will need hoses between connectors and flush bottles.
If you use 258 ink you can see that from heads dripped absolutely clean flush. Now the next user will has a chance to have heads in good condition. Now he will make pictures before cleaning, but after few months the situation will be different.

Last edited: