• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

trying to setup Flexi after CPU died - "HP L25500" is NOT found in "set-up" choices

iSign

I'm running version 10, and have been printing fine for the last 3 or 4 years, but today my mother board was fried, so I'm all loaded up on another computer, but the designjet L25500 is not available among the numerous choices. I wonder if I need some sort of update to my software? I looked at SAI's website, but haven't found any updates yet...

anyone familiar with this situation?

You may be in need of a specific password for the L25500 in earlier versions of FlexiSIGN-PRO version 10. You may be able to get this code on-line from the SAi web site or from contacting them directly (support@thinksai.com) and giving them your serial number (usually a six-digit number) that is printed on the key itself.

iSign

where would that password get entered?

I get the software fully installed ok, using the password for owning the software, but in the set-up window, I just don't see my printer among the choices...

...so, if a password were going to make it show up, where would I enter that?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
There should be an application called install manager that is included in the Flexi start menu items. Inside this application there should be a + sign, click on this and you can enter an optional password.

What version of Flexi do you have installed? It could be you installed an earlier version by accident that doesn't have the driver included. The latest version of Flexi 10 is 10.5.1.

iSign

I followed Chris's suggestion & found the + option to add a second password, but does anyone know how I can tell if I really need one?

I don't remember this, and my CD cases always have any needed install notes kept with them.

I'm on Flexi 10.0.3 having upgraded once or twice up from 7 or 8... so I did have one other long password (24 characters maybe) but that didn't work...

6 am out here... Will head to shop & make some tech support calls in an hour or so... figured I'd bump this too...

FrankW

10.0.3 should need a separate password for the latex printers.

You can upgrade to 10.5.1 for free through this link:

http://store.thinksai.com/pdf/

(you will have to generate a new password). With 10.5.1, the Latex Driver is included.

If you want to stay with 10.0.3, but doesn't have a password for your driver upgrade, you could send me your Dongle-No. by PM ... I could check the licences on this key (as other dealers can do so too) and could send the correct password back to you.

iSign

Thanks Frank!

I did finally make some progress, by contacting SA International this morning.
They couldn't just give me a download link over the phone, but said I needed to email esupport@thinksai.com with my user ID# and request a download link to whatever I am eligible for.

She did confirm that the optional password interface is only for add-on software such as Flexi engrave or others.. but for my missing printer driver, it's just a matter of getting the right update... which should be accessible from a link I'll be emailed shortly.

I'd try your link, but I'm not at the office yet. When I get there, if I haven't received SAI's link, I'll try yours.

looks like I may be back in business ;)