• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tutorial for icc profile creation

The Measure Tool application is a component of ProfileMaker 5, and is not included on the media that comes with the i1. ProfileMaker is now a discontinued product, but can still be downloaded from X-Rite's web site.

bovegas

I have profile maker so I have measure tool. But I am not sure which number is chroma. Is chroma C? I know its dumb question but I am not sure how exactly to do this and what to look. There is reference and sample. So what you measure as reference?

I have profile maker so I have measure tool. But I am not sure which number is chroma. Is chroma C? I know its dumb question but I am not sure how exactly to do this and what to look. There is reference and sample. So what you measure as reference?

Changing the measurement mode to LCh

L = Ligheness
C = Chroma
h = hue

sfr table hockey

I think the first click you make on a color will be the reference and the next one and there after is the sample. You could click back on reference to make a new selection to compare that one with another but mainly I think you just look at the C number on the sample side and keep moving back one space at a time.

Again I think the reference is there just so you can keep numbers on one square and then compare with another square. So if you get two that are close and you want to put them side by side you can click the reference dot again and save the numbers then click on the next sample.

eye4clr

Don't confine your approach to any reference without a compelling reason. Just as sfr says, your 100% patch is your reference. If you really want to obsess, measure down the ramp from 100% until you find the highest C, then establish that as your reference.

tomence

http://www.colorhq.com/X-Rite-i1-Publish-Pro-2-p/eo2pub.htm

This is what you need to be able to do everything you need from monitor to printer profiling, and so far this guys have the best price on this unit. This is the new version of the eye1, it just came out on the market like a month or two ago.

Can I ask which exact model of the i1 Pro you have, I was looking into one and discovered so many different models, it became confusing?

X-Rite i1 EOBAS Basic Pro

X-Rite i1 EOPHO Photo Pro

X-Rite i1Publish Pro 2 EO2PUB

X-Rite i1Basic Pro 2 EO2BAS

X-Rite i1 EOPHUV Photo Pro UV

:help

bovegas

Thank you guys for input, I got it now. Next step in flexi is ink split if you have lc and lm. I dont have idea what I should do with ink split. Do you guys leave this as is or you adjust something here. Also do you do something with interpolation. I think default is linear but also there is option cubic. If there are only CMYK next step would be multi ink test limit. I am asuming this is done again with Chroma meauserments. Do you measure chroma on all or you measure l on some?

bovegas

Can somebody please explain how to set up limit for multi color. Is it again using chroma or you do it visualy. I am talking about next step in flexi after measuring ink density. After this step i am planning to print swatches from Profiler maker 5 in flexi using option Use Linearization Only. Than i will measure them in profile maker. Now in profile maker there are settings for total ink limit, where black ink starts, GCR etc... Can somebody tell me what settings are best. I am profiling Oracal 3641G and using eco-solvent ink on Roland SC545EX printer. I am almost sure about option gray balance that I should pick neutral gray. Now about total ink, gcr and rest i dont have a clue.

sfr table hockey

Bo, when I made my profiles in flexi after I set the ink limit (I did not do anything with lc lm) the next step was to print the linearization test print (5 lines). I read the test prints in flexi. After that one they gave another set of swatches (31 lines) and again read that one in flexi.

I have in the past always just used the swatched from the I1 match to print but that was not as good as using flexi with the ink limit and linearization on the solvent printer.

I got 2 files to use. One for linearization and one for the profile. Newer flexi seemed not to use the same linearization extention as I had.

Hope this is what you were wondering.

bovegas

Flexi 10 has multi ink limit. Basically it prints c and m together, c and y, m and y etc. Than you have to find limit for those like in first step. I am just wondering what is the best way to do limit on multi ink. Is it with croma or visually?