• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Two installs

Shovelhead

I know this question has been posed before but I didn't give it a thought. Simply, can I have an install at work and at home and transport my security key?

:thankyou:

Sparky

legally, no.

This is why they have Flexi Designer.

The only company I have read through the EULA that states you can have two installs, is Adobe.

Poconopete

Software License Agreement

Carefully read the following terms and conditions.
This is a legal agreement between you, the end user (either an individual or an entity), and SA International. If you do not agree with the following, you should promptly return the package. Use of this program indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated below.
The enclosed computer program "Software" is licensed, not sold, to you by SA International, for use on a non-exclusive, non-transferable basis, only under the following terms, and SA International, reserves any rights not expressly granted to you. You may not disclose to any third party any confidential information concerning the Software or SA International or use such confidential information to the detriment of SA International..
1. License.
This software is protected by the United States Copyright Law and International Treaty Provisions. Therefore, you must treat the Software just as you would any other copyrighted material, such as a book. This license allows you to:

(a)
Make one copy of the Software in machine readable form; provided that such a copy of the original may be used solely for backup purposes. As an express condition of this License, you must reproduce on each copy of the SA International, copyright notice and any other proprietary legends on the original copy supplied by SA International.

(b)
Transfer the Software and all rights under this License to another party together with a copy of this License and all written materials accompanying the Software provided you give SA International, written notice of the transfer and the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License.

(c)
Use this Software on a single computer only, but may transfer it to another computer as long as it is used on only one computer at a time. "In Use" constitutes being loaded onto either temporary (i.e., RAM) or permanent memory (e.g., hard disk, CD-ROM or other storage device) of a computer.

dlndesign

Speaking of keys, how much is it to get another seat with flexi? For some reason I can't get ahold of anyone there that can help me.

:thread

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
legally, no...

Not true. By law, any software that limits its use can only limit that use to not more that one, or some specified number, of applications running simultaneously, not how many installations can be made.

You are free to install it on any number of machines.

With Flexi, if you have the hasp key on one machine and have Flexi installed on any number of other machines that are networked with the machine that has the key you can run Flexi on any machine in the network. One iteration at a time. All you have to do is run Production Manager on the machine with the key. Then any networked machine can run Flexi.

I do this every day. I have one machine in my house and one in my shop. They are networked together by virtue of both being connected to the router that's connected to my satellite modem. The shop machine has the key. I run Production Manager in the shop and Flexi in my house.

I also use VNC, a freely available package, so as long as the shop machine is powered on I can start Production on that machine from my house machine. With VNC and the normal Windows file sharing facility I can and do treat both machines as one virtual machine.

I do most all layout and design work on my house machine and use the shop machine merely to drive my plotter and printer.

R08

I have the identical setup and works like a charm.

Not true. By law, any software that limits its use can only limit that use to not more that one, or some specified number, of applications running simultaneously, not how many installations can be made.

You are free to install it on any number of machines.

With Flexi, if you have the hasp key on one machine and have Flexi installed on any number of other machines that are networked with the machine that has the key you can run Flexi on any machine in the network. One iteration at a time. All you have to do is run Production Manager on the machine with the key. Then any networked machine can run Flexi.

I do this every day. I have one machine in my house and one in my shop. They are networked together by virtue of both being connected to the router that's connected to my satellite modem. The shop machine has the key. I run Production Manager in the shop and Flexi in my house.

I also use VNC, a freely available package, so as long as the shop machine is powered on I can start Production on that machine from my house machine. With VNC and the normal Windows file sharing facility I can and do treat both machines as one virtual machine.

I do most all layout and design work on my house machine and use the shop machine merely to drive my plotter and printer.