• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

U Channel Driver/Slammer

I'm looking for a U Channel post Driver/Slammer, not a cap. for driving 8' & 10' Posts.

I see there are a bunch of places and brands out there, Let me know what you guys are using, and where to get them. I have seen them for a little as $75 to as much as $300.

Thanks.

rjssigns

I built my own. Why? Because I'm handy, but more importantly cheap. She's a heavy beast, but drives like there's no tomorrow. Got close to a rock about 18' down. Next drive hit it and curved the end of the post.

3' of schedule 40 pipe.
5/8" plate @ 6" x 6"
1" square tubing for handles.(or make handles however works best for you)

CanuckSigns

We had one made up by the local metal fabrication shop, it's much more heavy duty than the once you can buy, weights around 40 lbs.

Then we got 3 jobs for putting in parking signs for new schools, all 3 jobs were due withing the same week, so we bought this http://www.skidril.com/g20d.htm

no looking back now, it will drive a post 4' in the ground in about 30 seconds

J Hill Designs

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 86
Thanks for the input, I thought of making my own as well but prob wont get around too it. The Skidrill looks awsome, if i did a higher volume of post i would def get it!