• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ugh, which line to follow!!!

TheSnowman

Ok, so I have to just put some basic lettering on the back windows driver and passenger side of this truck tomorrow morning...and I have no clue what the heck I'm going to measure off of to get it straight. Should I give up and go to the almighty eyeball?

attachment.php

And if someone says "level with the ground" I'm going to slap you.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 99

TedNes

I'm all for going with the moulding, or using a level, but;

If it's Tony Soprano's and there is going to be some "weight" in or on the back end, it will sag obviously......

I always warned guys with this type of vehicle that if they plan on towing a lot, or do indeed carry a lot of weight in the back, it's going to make the lettering look off kilter....

I did one once where we did a full length stripe, starting thin at the front, fairly thing through the doors, and then thickening up in the last/rear quarter panel.....we then reversed the name out of the stripe......

this helped trick the eye a bit, as even with the back end sagging, the long line took away from it a bit......

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of these will work........... :thumb:

truck line.jpg

:Oops:

Okay the bottom of the doors.............:smile:

John Butto

That looks like it transports dead bodies from the morgue to the funeral home. If you are putting skull & crossbones on it line up the eye sockets with the molding.

TheSnowman

It's just for our emergency management assistant director's truck. Shouldn't be towing much weight, he's just got his gear in there. So most people say the molding, and a couple say the doors. I was leaning towards molding because of how that bumper matches pretty close to that line. I think I'll just extend it out w/ a straight edge and measure up and hope it's right.

If all else fails...I'll use my parking lot lines.