• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF-6042 Problem with Magenta draining

krygods

I have a UJF-6042 that keeps draining all the magenta into the waste ink tank. Only after a few days the brand new bottle of magenta is empty and the waste ink tank is full. What would be the first things to check to find the problem? Thanks in advance.

krygods

I don't have a service manual for this printer, would you know where I could obtain it? I'm familiar with the printer I've worked on it plenty of times but I've never been able to find a service manual for this one

dudeinthemoon

That’s not the ink valves caused this, the reasons could be: clogged air filter on magenta subtank, it’s inside the subtank and cannot be replaced separately, air solenoid assembly which controls pressure in the subtank or both.
I would start with subtank because it’s cheaper and consumable

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpeg
    IMG_4965.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    853.4 KB · Views: 41

Smoke_Jaguar

Clogged bleeder filter on the dampers for me results in issues with filling with me, yeah, tied into the same system. The air solenoids, when bad tend to be clogged with ink (check clear lines leading to them for signs of ink getting into those lines). Or, when the seals go wonky, the air pump will run near constantly. But, on those notes, good to do a pressure check.

krygods

Clogged bleeder filter on the dampers for me results in issues with filling with me, yeah, tied into the same system. The air solenoids, when bad tend to be clogged with ink (check clear lines leading to them for signs of ink getting into those lines). Or, when the seals go wonky, the air pump will run near constantly. But, on those notes, good to do a pressure check.
what is required to do a pressure check? the air pump does run a lot more than it should seems like

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
SubTank and/or +/- Pressure Air Valve. What are the readings on your positive and negative air pressures? What are the readings on the Mag SubTank?

Smoke_Jaguar

If you have your install guide that came with the printer, that covers the routing. Should be under menu> #TEST > PRESSURE if I remember correctly.

Smoke_Jaguar

If you have the installation/setup guide (Can download from Mimaki as well), it shows how to set the pressure on the printer. Usually done on installation, but those valves can creep out over time.

krygods

If you have the installation/setup guide (Can download from Mimaki as well), it shows how to set the pressure on the printer. Usually done on installation, but those valves can creep out over time.
I checked the Mimaki website but all I could find was the Operation Manual and I didn't see anything about setting up the machine in there.

krygods

Where can I find the throttle valve that is mentioned in the installation guide?

I think I found it, the valve next to the coolant fill location

Last edited: