• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ujv100 - q60

1leonchen

Looking to buy UV 100- 160 mimaki

Any one here has one of those machines

What are your limitations with machine

Can any one tell if I can get cmyk lc lm orange and light black instead of cmyk or cmyk white and clear or do I jump to jv 300 for this. Thanks in advance

I don't want white or clear rather expanded gamnut

Albert Ma

Just installed 2 of UJV100 160, one is CMYK only , speed is great, almost same with our JV300 on 6 pass, no need lamination, suit poster banner etc, another is CMYK with white slower.
I dont think they have LC, LM,orange, check with your local sales.

Albert Ma

compare to UJV300 is cheaper, and bigger ink drop, and use more ink
JV300 we still have 3 machines, use for laminated jobs, like 7 years vinyls

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hey there Orange and Light Black are only available on Mimaki solvent printers. The UJV100 is a great printer! You can get the light colors LC and LM.

FatCat

Have had one since last October/November. Machine itself is great, very efficient ink usage, fast, low-maintenance, print quality is very good. We primarily use ours for banners/posters/down and dirty vinyl jobs that don't require lamination. We have done some experimenting with wrap films on flat surfaces like box trucks and trailers, seems to be OK but ink isn't as flexible as solvent. The worst part is Rsterlink - for a time was the only RIP that could print to this machine, but looks like Onyx just came out with profiles and we have downloaded and will be testing over the next few weeks.

BTW - we run dual CMYK.

Have had one since last October/November. Machine itself is great, very efficient ink usage, fast, low-maintenance, print quality is very good. We primarily use ours for banners/posters/down and dirty vinyl jobs that don't require lamination. We have done some experimenting with wrap films on flat surfaces like box trucks and trailers, seems to be OK but ink isn't as flexible as solvent. The worst part is Rsterlink - for a time was the only RIP that could print to this machine, but looks like Onyx just came out with profiles and we have downloaded and will be testing over the next few weeks.

BTW - we run dual CMYK.

Does the 100-160 spit ink in the captop every 5-6 passes like the 300-160 does? We're considering adding a second one and would probably go with the 100-160 if it's more ink efficient.

FatCat

Does the 100-160 spit ink in the captop every 5-6 passes like the 300-160 does? We're considering adding a second one and would probably go with the 100-160 if it's more ink efficient.
It does to some degree, I honestly don't know how many times/passes it also automatically cleans as it prints - something I wasn't used to with our 1624 Mutoh machines. Again, have been very happy with the machine and it seems very efficient and miserly on ink usage from what I have experienced.

DecoW24

I have this machine in the 2xCMYK configuration since September 2021 to date we have printed 8500m2, we print on it mainly wallpaper on vinyl and interlining materials. The printer prints very nicely that can not be denied, a little slower than the Colorado 1630 but also not much. It is practically maintenance free, I clean it every two weeks and there is not much to clean there either. If we take into account the calculations from Rasterlink average consumption on 8500m2 is 3.1ml/m2 (predominance of light wallpaper for children). But with the machine it is also not so rosy, it generates a lot of beakers for an average of 45 days, 1.6L which increases the consumption to about 5 ml/m2. What still gives a very good result in comparison with tested machines Colorado 1630/1650, Flora R18, Flora Xtra2000H. Mimaki also has ultra-low power consumption compared to other machines, after connecting the wattmeter - monthly consumption is 20-26 KWh (about 1000m2/month), which is a big plus. The second minus for me ro Rasterlink in comparison to Roland VersaWorks, Sai PhotoPrint is a rather clumsy program. You can get used to it but it annoys

The machine is not perfect but has the best value for money.