• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ultima 1400d rogue cut when contouring

tsgstl

I will keep you updated. I am smack dab in the middle of that job so it will just have to do for now. I did PM you a very quick question if you get a chance

tsgstl

Well it's not the static causing the cut. The midwest was very very wet over the last 24 hours and I have cut dozens of sheets. Same problem and no disconnect static sound. This thread did help with half my problem, I think I will contact Mutoh to see if they have a solution. Thanks everyone for their input

Graphics2u

Do you know from your conversations with mutoh if it's only flexi ver 9.5 that's the problem? Does Ver 10 on Win & also do it, or could running win 7 in XP compatibility mode help?

I might Bring my Laptop to the shop and try it, it runs win 7 64 bit. I think you can upgrade to flexi 8.6 for free if the patch is still available. Maybe that would help.

Graphics2u

Seems more like a Flexi Issue almost since the Regular Vinyl cutting works alright and this only happens when Contour cutting.

tsgstl

I have 8.5v1

it was (what they thought) a issue with 64 bit. This was all at least a year ago, they said there was no fix that they knew of and they had heard other problems similar to this. They were suppose to contact me if and when they fixed it, but I haven't called them either. I really think I need to contact them and see if maybe there is a fix now. I think a upgrade would more than likely fix the problem, but it sounds like that is about all the upgrade would be good for. I do know I had to dl a driver from Mutoh Europe at the time of my switch so I am not sure you will be able to use your laptop. I will keep you posted, it will be at least next week before I can deal with drivers, patches, upgrades. That stuff always takes x4 as much time as I budget.

tsgstl

Seems more like a Flexi Issue almost since the Regular Vinyl cutting works alright and this only happens when Contour cutting.

true but it could also be a buffer issue
and if I remember correctly I did contact Flexi and they blamed Mutoh

tsgstl

Have you backed up all your flexi profiles, etc and reset "Preferences" to 'Default"?

no I have not, I don't even know what that means but if it is worth a try I will do it. And I am sorry I totally forgot about my serial number, I am out the door but will try and PM both you and Graphics2u tomorrow. Crazy busy and the weather broke I have a bunch of installs.

Thanks guys