• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ULTRASUXX Strikes again....just can't win!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I feel like sometimes they're the only game in town for certain materials....double sided blackout this time!
15oz blockout banner pro this go around on the latex. BTW...it is latex compatible according to Ultrasuxx's website. Load and start printing whats supposed to be a double sided banner job, and the one side is printing like CHALK. No richness to the color at all....wavy lines...etc. Bad coating hands down. Now, bought thru N Glantz...phones are down. Found out later they had a transformer fire in the area and shut them down locally. Call Ultrasuxx directly in NJ where I am and got someone on the phone about the material issue. Explain the issue of the chalkiness and what is definitely a bad coating. Well, his thought was to turn it over and try to print the other side.. As I just explained, its a DOUBLE SIDED BANNER job we are running. Ok...he needed to sleep at the Holiday inn express that nite to get a clue.
So, get the manager of the facility on the phone and speak to her. She assures me she'll lower my blood pressure. I got a roll of 18oz LTX about 3 hours later. Kudos for making that happen.
NOW....the fun part. I got an INVOICE not only for the REPLACEMENT ROLL BUT ALSO A $165 MESSENGER FEE! WHY???!!!!
They produce a ****-poor material, attempt to blame my software and printer THEN say the'll lower my blood pressure and charge me for it! Wow....I would have paid less going to my DR's office and getting meds for high blood pressure!
I have to say though, N Glantz is on my side in this one and will happily fight this for me. The branch mgr here thought Ultrasuxx was nuts too for this one.
If ANYONE has a blackout banner, that will run WELL and CONSISTENTLY on the 850 latex...please let me know! I print on a lot of Cooley there with great results, but they just don't have a lot of flavors. I just can't stand dealing with crap material anymore.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Update

N Glantz is taking care of this invoice and voiding it for me as the branch manager thought it was nuts of UFX to even attempt to charge me for all this. Gotta give them a big thank you for that and really stepping up for me. I know some of you don't like Glantz...but, I do have to say they usually always come thru for me. Give them a shot.

AKProbeGT

I've had that same issue when I was in a pinch with nothing else to print a double sided banner on. If you unroll that material and wipe it down with alcohol it will print ok. It's a pain and shouldn't be necessary but it works.

Suz

I feel like sometimes they're the only game in town for certain materials....

Bill, did you find a 15 oz. blockout that worked well printing on both sides? Just wondering what the outcome was.
Also, who sells Cooley? I want to give that one a try.

Thanks & Good Luck!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Suz, we use ARLON DPF315 and it works well for us... We also have a sample roll of 15oz blockout from Mojave media that feels very similar and it works well also.

We run them in our L26500.

Suz

Thanks so much! I'll take a look at that one too! Very nice of you to respnd 2CT!!!
Much Appreciated!
-Suz

Suz, we use ARLON DPF315 and it works well for us... We also have a sample roll of 15oz blockout from Mojave media that feels very similar and it works well also.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Arlon DPF 315 works well on the latex for smaller rolls. The only large roll we have come across is the LTX from ultrasuxx so far in 126in. Attempting to find another vendor for this material but all seem to be failing miserably.
AGFA material...18oz 126 ...FAIL.
we had decent luck with the 14oz ultrasuxx but it buckles quite a bit due to the heat. Trying the substrate Rick suggested...but its only avail. to 72inch max.

H&H Group

Are there ICC profiles for these? I'm looking to try some different options for my Latex 260.
We've been using Ultraflex 18 oz. outdoor blockout LTX and its been having quality/consistency issues. It also scratches VERY easily and we have trouble finishing it with hemming and grommets without getting several scratches on it. Is this just a characteristic of latex ink that it scratches off easily or is it a curing problem on our end?

Suz

Thanks Bill!

Your input is much appreciated too. We're always tryin different stuff.

Seems sometimes we are lucky with banner material that isn't defective, and sometimes not.

The "Forward" banner material from Grimco worked well, although just 12 oz and single sided, and we used the glossy. I'd use it again for sure. The profile settings are tricky though, I use the Shiraz program. So I usually have to do some trial and error to find something that works without making my banner look like a wrinkled chip when it comes out of the printer!

For heavier banneer and double sided prints, well, I have just given up on that. Best thing to do is to print two sides and sew them together, which works if you don't need wind slits. If wind slits are needed, and the banner is double sided, what we did recently was print the first side, then the opposite side was printed on on Briteline adhesive and the print was wet-applied to the 2nd side, that way no additional heat exposure to the banner, causing it to warp. Paint in the rear, but it worked.

Vinyldog

I tried double-sided on my L310 using Koma 15oz. resulting in three material jam / head strikes. I watched the machine print for a long time but it never jammed until I walked away, so not sure what happened.
Someone suggested that the ink on the printed side makes it want to not slide over the platen as well.

KaranGrewal

We have been using ultraflexx pole banner 18OZ on UV printer.Good material , not sure if it will work with Latex inks. There is another brand " BANTEX digital media" By Herculite. This product is made in America and they claim its certified for HP Latex inks. Check out www.herculite.com

getcustomized

Are there ICC profiles for these? I'm looking to try some different options for my Latex 260.
We've been using Ultraflex 18 oz. outdoor blockout LTX and its been having quality/consistency issues. It also scratches VERY easily and we have trouble finishing it with hemming and grommets without getting several scratches on it. Is this just a characteristic of latex ink that it scratches off easily or is it a curing problem on our end?

I noticed my latex printed stuff scratches easy when it first comes out, but when I try scratching it the next day after printing it barely leaves a mark. So I am assuming it is a curing issue.