• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Undefined Paper on Rockhopper WTF?????

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
I recently moved the black print head over about 1mm to correct the black over color printing (no more outlines), I did a test print, everything just fine. I waited about 36 hours to print again, and how EVERY single time it does not read the media. Ive probably loaded it about 1000 times. Different positions, different media, cleaned the sensor, re-pluged the sensor cable, ect ect ect.

How is this even possible, and has anyone else had this problem...and what was the outcome?

Thanks a bunch, James 703-229-9436

Derf

Its got to be the sensor being blocked or the sensor is bad or the main board is bad??

zgraphics

sensor

the same thing happen to me too, first of all the sensor doesn't work if the media is printed on. I figured that out. maybe your sensor reposition itself and its at an angle? I had a vinyl wrinkle up on me and the senor broke and it give me undefined so i superglue the pieced together and it works now. check if the sensor is it facing down ? good luck Does it go half way when trying to read the media? If it is the sensor is at an angle or bad.

signguy54

Not an artist
the same thing happened to me - had factory rep in - didn't help.

i invented a fix that works - tho i don't know why.

load media. put media holder down with cover open. move the print heads to middle of media. put cover down. it initializes fine.

onlyjames

Thanks Signguy....and everyone else. I went into Diag. mode, and checked the reflection...it was getting no reading up close to the material. The only reading I got was when I just pointed the sensor at the wall behind me. Per the book....the sensor must be bad. I called today and ordered a new sensor..overnighted. It will be in tomorrow...

Signguy, Im going to try your method to see if it works on mine.

Thanks everyone. I'll check in tomorrow...and hopefully it will be with Good news.

Thanks, James

Bradster941

the same thing happened to me - had factory rep in - didn't help.

i invented a fix that works - tho i don't know why.

load media. put media holder down with cover open. move the print heads to middle of media. put cover down. it initializes fine.

Ahh, pretty sure you should never move the print head with the power on... :omg:

onlyjames

**UPDATE**

I overnighted a new Paper Edge Sensor...the Y sensor. It was about $50, plus a nice $25 overnight fee....all for an amazing....$00.18 little sensor...But, its well worth it to me.

Up and running....and now my task it to try and try again to align the colors...NOTHING works like the manual says...!! Yellow is still low ect ect...I still havent been able to get a near perfect print.

OH....anyone PLEASE HELP.....with ONYX 7.2 I am getting a black box around any image I send through...its always much larger, and Ive checked every setting ...I cant figure it out... Please, anyone ever run into this?

Thanks everyone, James

randya

the black box sounds like a cutter bounding box, as if you were sending a print to the printer and then to a cutter.
should be an option in Onyx to turn this off.
These guys should be able to help:
http://www.onyxtalk.com

gonna need more info on what problems you are having with aligning,
I go by the manual