• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unemployed - Doggone it anyway!

hightop

We had taken steps to be prepared in case hubby's job went away (thanks to NAFTA). Not entirely unexpectedly, my job was eliminated last week. I saw it coming, so we weren't shocked. Weird as it sounds, the company could not have done it with any more dignity. It's still very strange. I've always been very lucky to be working. Now I'm a...HOUSEWIFE!! NOOOOOO!! Thank heaven for severance! I suppose this is what I get for saying I wanted to figure out how to retire at 45. (I turned 45 on Easter!)

Now wondering what my next career will be. I'm thinking the sign business is not the way to go!! I mean, look at the competition!! :notworthy:

Edserv

The sign and marketing industry is one of the best industries to pursue in the U.S. If you know how to market, are persistent and a "hard worker," there is no other industry that rewards entrepreneurs as this industry does!

Sure, it's labor and mentally intensive, but if you have the guts to pursue a business endeavor, I can't imagine anything better. Believe me, I've started, run, and sold 10 small businesses, and I've never seen anything close to this industry in terms of referrals, repeat business, and marketing potential (we get over 80% + of our business from our websites.)

Good luck! I wish you the best!

Chris

fmg

Technically a sign maker will be the last person who has a job.
They will be the one who makes the sign that say's "Breadline this way" ------------>

hightop

Hi folks! I haven't been on lately. I have been surprisingly busy getting things done around the house and going to see all the "-ologists" before insurance runs out.

Thanks for the feedback here! I am working with an outplacement company that has some great services. Funny, they never mentioned prostitution as an option! :doh: :ROFLMAO:

I also got a call from one of hubby's friends who needed 18 car magnets (single color, existing logo file) and, since I had everything to do them, I did. They turned out really well and I learned alot doing them. (And, yes, I did charge him...appropriately!) :thumb:

Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day!