• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on signVOX, shopVOX - Finally

Kevin-shopVOX

Currently I am doing a free trial of shopvox, but there is a bug with the trial right now where a lot of elements are missing. I have informed them and they say it will be fixed by tomorrow.

Those missing elements are more than likely not a bug. The free trial is called shopVOX Express. It doesn't have the point of sale features such as estimating and invoicing. PRO has those features and more.

Express is a workflow only solution where you want to manage the stuff you've already sold within another system such as Quickbooks. It has online proofing, resource scheduling, job boards, asset management, alerts and will sync with Quickbooks or Xero. (The sync pushes from the accounting package to avoid double entry for the work order side. You would go back to the accounting package when ready to invoice the job.)

If you want to see the PRO features you can do so with a webinar. It's a good place to get questions answered, see what it can do etc. By the end of it you usually have a good idea if you want to try it out or not. Feel free to contact me directly if that is something you might want to do.

Signed Out

Those missing elements are more than likely not a bug. The free trial is called shopVOX Express. It doesn't have the point of sale features such as estimating and invoicing. PRO has those features and more.

Express is a workflow only solution where you want to manage the stuff you've already sold within another system such as Quickbooks. It has online proofing, resource scheduling, job boards, asset management, alerts and will sync with Quickbooks or Xero. (The sync pushes from the accounting package to avoid double entry for the work order side. You would go back to the accounting package when ready to invoice the job.)

If you want to see the PRO features you can do so with a webinar. It's a good place to get questions answered, see what it can do etc. By the end of it you usually have a good idea if you want to try it out or not. Feel free to contact me directly if that is something you might want to do.

attachment.php

This is a screenshot of when I try to define a role and give permissions to that role. These are the only options that pop up, so I cannot give permission for users other than the admin. I wanted to give our production manager access to the job boards so we could test out the free trial. I chatted with the live help, shared screen and they said it shouldn't be that way and that all the free trials were experiencing it and that it would be fixed by tomorrow.

Is this not the case? Am I missing something?

Attachments

• roles.jpg
    roles.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 233

Kevin-shopVOX

Nope that's a bug :)

I was assuming you were looking for Pro features, when you tried it out. Which is 9 times out of 10 the issue when Express is tried many people expect the point of sale features to be there as well. I wasn't aware of this issue but development has it under control. Thanks for pointing it out.

That fix is going to be updated in the next push. You can use one of the canned roles at the moment that were loaded with the account temporarily. Though editing a canned role will give you the same issue as adding new. However, the pre-sets there will work you just can't edit them till tomorrow.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
attachment.php

This is a screenshot of when I try to define a role and give permissions to that role. These are the only options that pop up, so I cannot give permission for users other than the admin. I wanted to give our production manager access to the job boards so we could test out the free trial. I chatted with the live help, shared screen and they said it shouldn't be that way and that all the free trials were experiencing it and that it would be fixed by tomorrow.

Is this not the case? Am I missing something?

Hi
Express version only provides the "Production Management" features and the main functionality is the "Jobs" tab and every user on Express version by default has the access to "jobs". So there is no point to having a permission for jobs. Here the only permission is if a user in Express version has the permission to edit the PCS/Account settings. I hope this clarifies.

All Express users by default have access to the Jobs tab which has the job boards, no need to give any special permissions.

Hope this clarifies.

legacyborn

Have any of you made the switch from signvox to shopvox? Is it just as good, or hopefully better?

Does anybody know of similar software that isn't cloud based? I too would much rather own the software and manage the data in house.

I have done the webinar for Shopvox Pro and I will be switching. Kevin told me that Rao is asking current users to wait until the 10th to switch because they will have some new features to roll out that will make it an easier switch.

Shopvox does almost everything that I am using in Signvox except for a couple of small things I can live without, but it has a much easier interface and is a lot more customizable.

The features it is missing, I am assured, are coming quickly.

Most of the concerns on this thread were because of the shift in focus from signvox to shopvox, but after sitting down and speaking with Kevin for a couple of hours, I understand the necessity of the switch. Basically they needed to build it from the ground up because the foundation that Signvox is build on isn't powerful enough to do what they wanted to do after getting feedback from their community.

If I was going to do a non-cloud based, I think I would be going with Esti-Mate, which I believe is installed locally and can be used when not online.

Signed Out

Hi
Express version only provides the "Production Management" features and the main functionality is the "Jobs" tab and every user on Express version by default has the access to "jobs". So there is no point to having a permission for jobs. Here the only permission is if a user in Express version has the permission to edit the PCS/Account settings. I hope this clarifies.

All Express users by default have access to the Jobs tab which has the job boards, no need to give any special permissions.

Hope this clarifies.

The only reason I even looked at adding roles and setting permissions was because when I added a second user, they couldn't view any of the jobs... They could see them on the jobs tab, but when trying to click on them to view, it gave an error message that said, "you don't have permission to access this page." I just tried again and it still gives the same error message. I spoke with support, and Kevin yesterday and they say they are working on a fix for it asap. Also the canned roles, are not visible in the free trial.

Signed Out

I have done the webinar for Shopvox Pro and I will be switching. Kevin told me that Rao is asking current users to wait until the 10th to switch because they will have some new features to roll out that will make it an easier switch.

Shopvox does almost everything that I am using in Signvox except for a couple of small things I can live without, but it has a much easier interface and is a lot more customizable.

The features it is missing, I am assured, are coming quickly.

Most of the concerns on this thread were because of the shift in focus from signvox to shopvox, but after sitting down and speaking with Kevin for a couple of hours, I understand the necessity of the switch. Basically they needed to build it from the ground up because the foundation that Signvox is build on isn't powerful enough to do what they wanted to do after getting feedback from their community.

If I was going to do a non-cloud based, I think I would be going with Esti-Mate, which I believe is installed locally and can be used when not online.

Thanks for your response. I do really like the interface that shopvox has from just playing with the free trial for a couple days, it is pretty intuitive. Even without being able to utilize a second user at this point I can still see the benefits my shop would see with a system like this. But I am just weary of the cloud, and the location of my shop has limited internet options. My best option is verizon 4g usb modems hooked into a router, which is fast enough (about 14 mb/s) but I have a data plan to worry about:banghead: .

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Thanks for your response. I do really like the interface that shopvox has from just playing with the free trial for a couple days, it is pretty intuitive. Even without being able to utilize a second user at this point I can still see the benefits my shop would see with a system like this. But I am just weary of the cloud, and the location of my shop has limited internet options. My best option is verizon 4g usb modems hooked into a router, which is fast enough (about 14 mb/s) but I have a data plan to worry about:banghead: .

Hi,
Yes the internet connection could be a problem (speed looks ok), but yes if you are running on Verizon mobile internet connection, depends on how expensive the data plan is. But a 10GB plan should be enough I think per month (again this is I am assuming it is not a huge shop, may be 3-5 users) not much of a big file uploads etc., But I am sure you will figure it out. But I will call you to see why the other user cant access it, cause I got it tested locally and it works. So I will reach out to you to see it using Team Viewer or so.