• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on signVOX, shopVOX - Finally

fresh

Funny thing is I received the email receipt for the price increase but also "missed" the first email that explains the reasoning for the increase and what we'd receive for the extra cost.

So I asked Rao for that and it's crickets. Seems like I'm not alone in what has become a one sided relationship.

for those that said be cautious of the cloud it looks like you are correct.

Disappointed signvox user here for sure.

If if you explained the increase prior, I might be ok
if you fixed the things you said you would, I might be ok
if you implemented the things you promised, I'd definitely be ok

but right now we're all just getting jerked around.

They actually did say in a previous email that the price was going to increase... But it was hidden within their new product announcement. I think it would have been a lot more professional to send out a notice that ONLY talked about our price increase.

CanuckSigns

Gotta love the software-as-a-service subscription model! You pay all this money for a product all these years, and at the end of the day you have nothing to show for any of it, you can't sell your software to another shop to try to recoup your investment, you stop paying and all the information you entered is lost, sure you can download it into a clunky excel sheet if you want but that is a huge headache.

I will be purchasing my software outright for as long as I can, I'm still using using Estimate 2.0 for this very reason, my information is not held hostage to a monthly fee.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I've also asked multiple times if there is a data export tool to excel or another format and I haven't got an answer. If there is a data tool available I think I'm going to start backing up all my data because at the current model we may be jumping ship unless major changes come our way.

Sidney

GraphixCALC Updated Version Release UpDate

Hello to all awaiting the New Version of GraphixCALC Sign Estimator. We are getting close to the release but, are going to extend the release date to mid April- May. I personally will not release the new version until it has been viewed, reviewed and reviewed. GraphixCALC Sign Estimator is a solid Sign Estimator already but, wait to you see the New Version.

No Subscription yet you can Sync all your computers.

jkdbjj

I tried to leave signvox

I tried to leave Signvox last year, and was treated like crap when needing to download my data. What I ended up with was a single XML file that was just about impossible to do anything with.
I simply couldn't understand why they don't have a way to back up YOUR data offline.
So, I bit the bullet and just left and started over in a new system.

Yeah sure there were things I liked about it, but I couldn't help but feel towards the end how controlling the situation was. Just not cool.
I feel REALLY bad for the larger companies that have more data than I did in it. Wow!
Good ridden.

gnemmas

Where is OP?

Amazing, 1300 viewed, no response from the OP.

Remind me the fiasco of 3M Graphic Program roll out for auto dealership.

legacyborn

I have not received an email from Rao either however I have heard from Kevin. He's a good guy and I wish they would have him represent their company more.

I will be fair, I did eventually find the email that stated the price increase, however I felt it misleading to hide it within the body of an email with a completely different topic.

Also in their section of the email talking about the improvements, they mention a client portal or something that costs even more money. This isn't an improvement, this is an additional product and doesn't satisfy me as far as what subscription money is doing for the program.

There was a time when this software was the talk of these forums, and I couldn't find a single bad word about them. Then they went off to do this Shopvox thing and are alienating their original client base. Not smart.

I have told Kevin that I will give Shopvox a chance when they can migrate my data over (which, as of now, they can't) but if I don't like what I see, then I won't be staying.

CanuckSigns

I have not received an email from Rao either however I have heard from Kevin. He's a good guy and I wish they would have him represent their company more.

I will be fair, I did eventually find the email that stated the price increase, however I felt it misleading to hide it within the body of an email with a completely different topic.

Also in their section of the email talking about the improvements, they mention a client portal or something that costs even more money. This isn't an improvement, this is an additional product and doesn't satisfy me as far as what subscription money is doing for the program.

There was a time when this software was the talk of these forums, and I couldn't find a single bad word about them. Then they went off to do this Shopvox thing and are alienating their original client base. Not smart.

I have told Kevin that I will give Shopvox a chance when they can migrate my data over (which, as of now, they can't) but if I don't like what I see, then I won't be staying.

Wait a minute... they can't migrate data between their own programs?!? you have to reenter ALL of your info again?!?! That can't be right, can it?

player

Hello to all awaiting the New Version of GraphixCALC Sign Estimator. We are getting close to the release but, are going to extend the release date to mid April- May. I personally will not release the new version until it has been viewed, reviewed and reviewed. GraphixCALC Sign Estimator is a solid Sign Estimator already but, wait to you see the New Version.

No Subscription yet you can Sync all your computers.

Ha ha... A discussion about how bad a snake oil salesman is might not be the place to announce your new snake oil.

legacyborn

Wait a minute... they can't migrate data between their own programs?!? you have to reenter ALL of your info again?!?! That can't be right, can it?

As of right now, they can't. I was told that option will be available at the earliest end of May, maybe longer.

Typestries

So I suspect we might see a response from the OP soon. I pointed him here, and almost immediately found a response requesting my questions me sent to him directly for a quick response.

I'm clearly not alone in feeling this way. Here are some of our concerns sent via email to the OP.

Just those of us on this thread account for a good chunk of revenue. Imagine how many others there are?

I’m wondering the rationale of a price increase for a product that was promised to have updates and feature adds, when they have not happened.

Where are the fixes and updates? What happened to timely deployment that you used to sell us all on cloud software?

I’m wondering why as clients we were not involved in the pricing update notification?

I’m wondering what the future of this platform that we have so much invested in really is?

I’m wondering the pathway to downloading OUR data?

This works as advertised when I signed up, but a lot of things you told us would happen have not. Those were the things that made us choose you over another option.

I think you can tell that I’m not alone in feeling this way. Please communicate with your customers.

Techman

My biggest concern on using cloud based data base products.

The authors have full access to all client data a user enters.
Who else gets access to this data?
What else is this data used for?
What marketing is performed behind the scenes using the data entered?

Is there a 100% guarantee assurance that no one ever gets access to the data?

Typestries

Seems pretty clear to me at this point that Rao and his crew are taking the "we'll do what we want, and you'll just have to deal with it" approach. Sure makes me question any desire to move to shopvox. I'll refrain from posting the convos but suffice to say I did not get that warm fuzzy feeling and its FAR from how I would approach a disappointed customer. I love being charged more and not even given what was promised 24 months ago.......

CanuckSigns

Seems pretty clear to me at this point that Rao and his crew are taking the "we'll do what we want, and you'll just have to deal with it" approach. Sure makes me question any desire to move to shopvox. I'll refrain from posting the convos but suffice to say I did not get that warm fuzzy feeling and its FAR from how I would approach a disappointed customer. I love being charged more and not even given what was promised 24 months ago.......

Post them up!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Please do Post as it may help some of us make a decision. Right now I feel no information is misinformation, and as a company I can't truly operate on this path with out continued issues. Im not a fan of a public problem, being addressed privately... why can't it be answered here for this whole group of users to see.

gnemmas

"Hello to all awaiting the New Version of GraphixCALC Sign Estimator. We are getting close to the release but, are going to extend the release date to mid April- May. I personally will not release the new version until it has been viewed, reviewed and reviewed. GraphixCALC Sign Estimator is a solid Sign Estimator already but, wait to you see the New Version.

No Subscription yet you can Sync all your computers."

I don't think he means it will be Cloud based in the future.

May be he means to say "No Subscription BUT you can Sync all your computers". or is he?

Centro Graphics

My biggest concern on using cloud based data base products.

The authors have full access to all client data a user enters.
Who else gets access to this data?
What else is this data used for?
What marketing is performed behind the scenes using the data entered?

Is there a 100% guarantee assurance that no one ever gets access to the data?

I'm so glad I went with my gut instinct on the month I used Signvox, to NOT carry on using it.

I found it clunky as heck, taking forever to do a simple quote, online support not great really and all the concerns you say here Techman.

We still use Estimate 2, if I decided to move on, i can still access all my clients and what I charged em for as long as I like. We use a simple spread sheet for tracking jobs progress.

Down with the cloud, I would never trust putting data online for anything.

player

I understood it this way as well. It seems some prefer to stir the pot rather than read posts properly.

I read it the other way... I guess I am more cynical than you.

There are other ways to say this.

No Subscription but you can Sync all your computers.
No Subscription while you can Sync all your computers.
No Subscription although you can Sync all your computers.

A simple comma would have made it clear:

No Subscription, yet you can Sync all your computers.

I read it:

No Subscription yet, you can Sync all your computers.

Anyhow, I am glad you trust that they have no intention to do a subscription... yet.

Sidney

No Subscription fee

Please excuse any confusion. There are No Subscription fees. GraphixCalc offers all sign businesses the opportunity to purchase the program and by the means of modern cloud services all estimates, etc can sync info instantly. GraphixCALC is Not cloud dependent, but offers that convenience for free... (Whether you use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
If you have any other questions please contact me, Sidney Muniz @ 754-610-5955

Skye

cost

What we have an issue is that the $20 increase is a 15% increase which is alot when you think about it like that. Netflix tried to increase $1 here in canada and that idea got shot down. they just charged more for more viewers.
15% increase is a lot for not a 15% improved software.
also our dollar is at 20% more so the cost is even higher here. we use flexi cloud and they charge the monthly priced advertised online the same $49 us or $49 cdn. which it should be.

they should listen to our ideas, i have been sending ideas since we got it two years ago. nothing added we asked for yet.

also very week company not to address the signs101 group who helped them grow.

Skye