• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on signVOX, shopVOX - Finally

jman

Please excuse any confusion. There are No Subscription fees. GraphixCalc offers all sign businesses the opportunity to purchase the program and by the means of modern cloud services all estimates, etc can sync info instantly. GraphixCALC is Not cloud dependent, but offers that convenience for free... (Whether you use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
If you have any other questions please contact me, Sidney Muniz @ 754-610-5955

Interested in beta testing the new software. Used to use GraphixCALC when it first came out and liked it but it was limited in it's early stages.

Send me a PM if you're interested, I'd love to check it out!

Christian @ 2CT Media

I think we should write an open letter on here about what we think is wrong with the situation, what we want to see happen, and what we are willing to do to protect our businesses. Once we are all happy with the wording we should sign it, and all of us email Rao this letter with all the signatures.

This silence is crazy, and its not right for a business to continually charge us a fee and do seemingly nothing since last june for it (even though they say they did an update in October).

TXFB.INS

So I suspect we might see a response from the OP soon. I pointed him here, and almost immediately found a response requesting my questions me sent to him directly for a quick response.

I find this hard to believe, the fact that their program is geared towards SIGN BUSINESS and to have this thread go so long with no acknowledgement from the OP.
Especially with this being a SIGNS FORUM and their "intended" customers. And they have to have it brought to their attention even though they are well aware they are receiving negative feedback with the ShopVox aspect

gnemmas

I think we are full of ourselves thinking Sign Professionals' weight in their scope of business. Why do you think the change from SignV to ShopV?

They have bigger fish to fry!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a dog in this fight, but doesn't it seem as though someone coming here to announce and proclaim the things the OP did, is just odd as to how he/she is going about the feedback ??

Anyway, I'm not into facebook or any of those other social medias, but isn't that where one can get answers rather quickly ?? Rather than waste time here on a sign forum, go B I G and see what's happnin' in a much larger arena.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Please excuse any confusion. There are No Subscription fees. GraphixCalc offers all sign businesses the opportunity to purchase the program and by the means of modern cloud services all estimates, etc can sync info instantly. GraphixCALC is Not cloud dependent, but offers that convenience for free... (Whether you use Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
If you have any other questions please contact me, Sidney Muniz @ 754-610-5955

PM Sent

LarryB

This lack of communication from Rao has me a little worried. I have too sent him an email to come answer these questions.

My number one concern right now is my data. I have been trying to download my data and am having problems because you have to type in a date range for it pull up that data. Every time I do that it will not load. You have to go into each section (i.e. Contacts, Invoices, a/r, etc and pull the report for each section)

My observation is this: They started Signvox as a way to enter the software business for custom manufacturing. It has done well and they are migrating to ShopVox which has 100x more potential. All of their resources are being put toward ShopVox and we are the red headed step children.

Centro Graphics

2130 views and 48 opinions so far, not a reply to his own announcement, pretty bad :omg:. Does Kevin not usually chime in to back up the company?

Good luck to those that use it and are not happy, hope the issues get sorted for you.

StarSign

I was at ISA today and talked to the guys with my concerns, and I had a list. I will not speak for anyone else, however I am very pleased with the answers I received. I was able to get a very good demo of ShopVox today and I for one can't wait to implement it. SignVox was a game changer for us when we implemented it over 2 years ago and ShopVox will just make things better in my shop.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
What is this all about ?

All,
We are not sure what is there new for us to communicate. It is all in our websites and Terms & Conditions. But here it is again.

1. I have personally answered any questions/concerns/issues sent to us by our current customers. So we have taken care of these queries right away.

2. The discussion on this forum by those who are not even our current customers, I dont know what to communicate to them? Here is for our future prospects and customers:
a. We provide the best software for sign industry. Yes the prices will change, we have never promised nor claimed there will be no change in prices. Last time we had our prices updated was Jan 2013.
b. Your data is yours. You will get it in XML format the raw database. You also can export all your Invoices/Payments/PO's to Quick Books. You can export all your customers/contacts to CSV files any time.
c. signVOX to shopVOX - Yes we are going to have a migration path, shopVOX is not ready to migrate signVOX users yet. we are hoping to have that in the near future, may be by end of May. It might be delayed by a few weeks, since it is not a simple thing to do, and we have to make sure the data is migrated right, so it will take time.

Again as I said, if you are a current signVOX customer, you have questions, please contact me and we will respond right away.

And for those who really want to know why I did not answer on this forum for the past 15 days, you really want to know, here it is.

My 10 year old son went through an emergency surgery for burst appendix, the week before last and was in the hospital till this Monday with 2 operations, 3 ct scans , two drains hanging from his body and some of the most powerful antibiotics being pumped through his veins every 4 hrs with 3 abscess of bacteria and screaming pain every time he pees and lost half his weight and struggling for his life. Is this reason enough for those who are asking we need a response from Rao. I apologize to those who did not get an immediate response from me on a public forum.

Secondly, on Thursday, meaning today Ravi, Kevin, Neil and I met for the ISA show talked about what is the issue and tried to get all of their input and thoughts and then wanted to respond. So this is our response as I listed in the above two points after talking to all three of them.

Again, we really do not know what is this whole issue about, is it about the price increase? If so that is the fact and reality, again, yes there will be price changes, signVOX , shopVOX or any other VOX we do. Market will drive the price and market will determine the fate of any company. And for those who are questioning what we did in the last 27 months, go see the "What's New" in the FAQ of signVOX and you will see.

We as a team work hard to give the best software signVOX or shopVOX or any other service. We do not scam, we do not run a fly by night company. We have close to a thousand shops in 20 countries, we cannot achieve this by running a scam in three-four years. We provide the best damn software service out there and we dont even have a contract, no setup fee, no upfront fee, it is pay as you go per month, we earn our money every month, if not our customers will leave us and we know that and we have done the best we could. If you do not like our service or software you will find a better one who can do a better job than us and provide a better value and it is in our best interest to make sure our customers are happy and we do have customers who are happy.

So in conclusion, if you are our current customer, if you have a question, please contact us and we will respond right away, or if you want more of a drama on a public forum, that is up to you.

If you are some one looking to buy a service from us in future, here is our promise, we provide the best software for the sign industry at the best price and you can talk to any of our customers. And yes every company has some unsatisfied customers, at least you can cancel our service the month you dont like it or it does not fit your needs. And yes we have had such customers who for what ever reason did not think this is a fit for them and canceled.

Again at the end of the day, I have not given any new information other than what we have been saying, what we have on our websites, what we have told our customers if they had a question.

To re-iterate

1. I have personally answered any questions/concerns/issues sent to us by our current customers. So we have taken care of these queries right away. If there is any more things

2. The discussion on this forum by those who are not even our customers, I dont know what to communicate to them? Here is for our future prospects and customers:
a. We provide the best software for sign industry. Yes the prices will change, we have never promised nor claimed there will be no change in prices. Last time we had our prices updated was Jan 2013.
b. Your data is yours. You will get it in XML format the raw database. You also can export all your Invoices/Payments/PO's to Quick Books. You can export all your customers/contacts to CSV files any time.
c. signVOX to shopVOX - Yes we are going to have a migration path, shopVOX is not ready to migrate signVOX users yet. we are hoping to have that in the near future, may be by end of May. It might be delayed by a few weeks, since it is not a simple thing to do, and we have to make sure the data is migrated right, so it will take time.

If you are at the ISA show this week, come see us if you have any questions.

The VOX Team.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As I already said, I don't have a dog in this fight and for those of you whom English is not their native language, that means, I am not an owner of this software.

That being said, family ALWAYS comes first. No question(s) on that in any way, shape or form.

However, in a business model such as this one, it is complete negligence on anyone individual, not to have a system set up to deal with situations like what just happened here. I know people can get carried away believing the mob or just conjuring up stoopid scenarios in their own heads, so to have a spokesperson for your product, only makes sense. Letting people dangle for over 2 weeks is reckless and silly. No one wants to hear about your child. That's not right in the busienss world. You shouldn't even have to bring that up, if you had handled the situation correctly.

If you are the ONLY person working in that place, then I suggest you hire a helper.

To me, you owe most of these people an apology, not an excuse, backed up with more how good you are and demands on how THEY need to respond. C'mon, this was all caused on your watch and you flubbed it. Now try and fess up.

player

If that's the case, then I hope your son is doing good and recovering well Rao. I don't have any kids myself but I can only imagine what that must be like to go through.

That being said, I find the arrogance in that response far from professional. Copying and pasting the canned responses from a few lines up as if people are too stupid to get it the first time....if I was a current customer I wouldn't be anymore. Your absence shouldn't justify a complete lack of acknowledgement after dozens of unsatisfied customers demanding answers for what sounds like months, only to be answered with excuses.

From the sounds of it there are lots of promises being made, yet the only changes are in the price increase department.

Simply stating that "we are the best" and tooting horns isn't going to give anyone any reassurance here.

And no I'm not a customer, nor will I be due to all these issues. We tried it out a while back and I was impressed with the features and enjoyed dealing with Kevin, but we can't afford to add more complications to our day to day operations.

I hope that all these issues get sorted out and questions get answered for the sake of the members that have been using this software from the beginning.

You're not a customer, but you just can't help stirring up the pot. Geesh :doh:

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Don't you have a anti-Roland campaign you should be working on..........? :Sleeping:

You are such a clever little man... keep stirring.

Hahaha.......... there ain't jack going on at this place, so I have nothing better to do than post where I see fit, when I get the chance. Does that make me stirring the pot, too ??

What is wrong with someone posting an honest observation, yet several honest and good observations, to a thread where someone has dropped the ball and left all of their customers hanging ?? That is a business situation and has nothing to do with the content of his/their software. It does however, have everything to do with poor business ethics and practice. That seems to be all any of us non-users are replying to. Since when did it become you can only reply to a thread if you are 100% involved ?? Does that mean all the so-called sign people and hacks on this site hafta stop posting, cause they don't know jack sh!t about anything ?? C'mon, we're all going to respond to anything worth reading and as for the product, like I said, I'm not a subscriber..... and probably never will be due to my business methods, but this kinda customer service stinks and I'll never participate, because of how it was handled.

There are a lot of people on this site that will blast someone after exhausting a few e-mails or phone calls. Do they ever have all their t's crossed and i's dotted ?? Hardly, but they do it anyway. They go off half-caocked bashing people when the company they are calling out might have a 1/2% or 1% bad track record. Is that fair ?? You ought to know. For the tens of thousands of good dealings..... some here try to cause damage to others...... for usually their own fubars.

No one here was belittling or intimidating Rao, but his tardiness to answer goes wa-a-a-ay beyond normal business practices. That's what I'm talking about. It's p!ss poor public relations..... customer service...... business practice and most of all rude, especially to all his existing customers. BUT, to use his kid's health as a reason for being so late is just unprofessional. Sure, in passing you might say that, but not the sole reason. To me, that shows how terribly small minded the company just might be. Is that being wrong, suggesting my opinion ?? Nope, not at this point, since you asked.

Please, get this thread back on track Rao and explain what/how/why you are doing what you are doing and not dividing the village.

:thankyou:

player

Hahaha.......... there ain't jack going on at this place, so I have nothing better to do than post where I see fit, when I get the chance. Does that make me stirring the pot, too ??

What is wrong with someone posting an honest observation, yet several honest and good observations, to a thread where someone has dropped the ball and left all of their customers hanging ?? That is a business situation and has nothing to do with the content of his/their software. It does however, have everything to do with poor business ethics and practice. That seems to be all any of us non-users are replying to. Since when did it become you can only reply to a thread if you are 100% involved ?? Does that mean all the so-called sign people and hacks on this site hafta stop posting, cause they don't know jack sh!t about anything ?? C'mon, we're all going to respond to anything worth reading and as for the product, like I said, I'm not a subscriber..... and probably never will be due to my business methods, but this kinda customer service stinks and I'll never participate, because of how it was handled.

There are a lot of people on this site that will blast someone after exhausting a few e-mails or phone calls. Do they ever have all their t's crossed and i's dotted ?? Hardly, but they do it anyway. They go off half-caocked bashing people when the company they are calling out might have a 1/2% or 1% bad track record. Is that fair ?? You ought to know. For the tens of thousands of good dealings..... some here try to cause damage to others...... for usually their own fubars.

No one here was belittling or intimidating Rao, but his tardiness to answer goes wa-a-a-ay beyond normal business practices. That's what I'm talking about. It's p!ss poor public relations..... customer service...... business practice and most of all rude, especially to all his existing customers. BUT, to use his kid's health as a reason for being so late is just unprofessional. Sure, in passing you might say that, but not the sole reason. To me, that shows how terribly small minded the company just might be. Is that being wrong, suggesting my opinion ?? Nope, not at this point, since you asked.

Please, get this thread back on track Rao and explain what/how/why you are doing what you are doing and not dividing the village.
:thankyou:

Nothing wrong really Gino. Pat White goes out of his way to post derogatory negative remarks at me all the time.
He seems to have a little man complex or something. I was just returning the favour. Carry on.

player

I understood it this way as well. It seems some prefer to stir the pot rather than read posts properly.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by player

Excellent.

Typestries

Perhaps the bigger question.....who treats folks in such a way, customer or not. Everyone who is NOT a customer is a potential customer. Especially in a tightly targeted arena of prospects, such as this! Wow!!

legacyborn

1. I have personally answered any questions/concerns/issues sent to us by our current customers. So we have taken care of these queries right away. If there is any more things

I am a current customer, and no you haven't responded to any of my direct communications. That is why I came to the forum and had to turn to Kevin who responds everytime but doesn't have the answers we need.

What we (as customers) want to know is WHY we are paying for the increase in price. We were promised an ongoing supported product that was supposed to get better and better constantly. You are using this money to create new products whether it is Shopvox or this Client Portal that we have to pay extra for. Very little upgrades to the product itself are going on it seems. Where is the new user interface that sold me on getting your software during my first look at the program? Or the integrated payment gateway?

Also if ShopVox PRO is the same as SignVox why is it $60 cheaper? I'll switch tomorrow if it is all the same features for $60 less! But instead of it being presented to me as that, I am getting fewer and fewer answers, canned responses, and a feeling like you're going to continue to operate the same way you have been without a second thought to your client base.

If I treated my clients the way you are treating us, I wouldn't have many clients left.

If you have an emergency, then you should have other people to respond to emails that can actually answer the questions we have. If you are also pushing Shopvox Pro as a replacement for Signvox, you really should allow us to try it out instead of only offering a webinar, because the basic shopvox doesn't do nearly half of what I need it to and scheduling a webinar is a pain.

legacyborn

I want to put out there that Rao did get back to me and answered all my questions as satisfactorily as possible.

I will be sticking with SignVox for a while and will be very interested in seeing ShopVox in action.

Here are some of the answers I got.

There will be no major overhaul to SignVox User Interface
The payment gateway is in development for SignVox and will be coming "soon"
ShopVox Pro (as of now) does not have all the features SignVox has, but this will be changing and once it is more comparable and they can transfer data between them, I will be looking forward to possibly switching.

If you are a customer and are not receiving contact from Rao I would suggest PMing him here.

Over all I still don't think this has been handled perfectly by Rao, but I am feeling better overall about the company.

Signed Out

I am currently researching job management software to implement at our shop. Have had my eye on signvox for a couple years now and until stumbling upon this thread have heard nothing but good about it... Currently I am doing a free trial of shopvox, but there is a bug with the trial right now where a lot of elements are missing. I have informed them and they say it will be fixed by tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm wondering if those who were displeased in this thread, have been remedied? Have any of you made the switch from signvox to shopvox? Is it just as good, or hopefully better?

Does anybody know of similar software that isn't cloud based? I too would much rather own the software and manage the data in house.