• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Updates for Joe. No Replies Allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techman

Joe is improving. The cardiologist said they are going to try and remove the balloon that's helping his heart pump tomorrow. Then they plan to begin weening him off the ventilator in a day or two. They have the reduced the number of his meds. Althoug...h, when I went to see him at 5:00 they had sedated him more because he became agitated; I told the nurse maybe if they release the restraints he may not be so frustrated. I was talking with Traci and we were thinking that we need to tell him what is going on. I know the Drs' & nurses talk about him, but don't know if they talk to him. I am going to ask that they tell him what and why they are doing what they do. Going to get ready and go back up. The next visiting hours are 8:30 - 9:30.

Hennies asks.. Please keep the prayers going. Joe knows about us posting about the prayers and the positive energy flowing from within here at the sign forums. He seems to need it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 10:13 AM 4-20-2011

from his family

I woke up a little after 4:00am and called the hospital. Lynn, the nurse said that they had to give him some blood pressure meds and that he had a fever at midnight , they are giving him antibiotics and are sending cultures to find out what's going on. I have to get ready and go to the hospital. Will post more when I can. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, love and support. Hennie

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 3:39 PM 4-20-2011

from his sis in law.

I havent posted morning update, want to wait and see if Hennie will have chance to. You can pass the word things are now cautiously optimistic. They disconnected machine "pumping" for his heart and his heart apparently doing job on its own> Doc even mention the "possibitty" of putting a defibrillator in his chest IF he continues to improve. ...prognosis still 50-50 , I think....Hell - Dr's are just PRACTICING medicine, anyway!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 3:45 PM 4-20-2011

This is how they found joe..
from hennie..

OK. I'm going to start from the the beginning about Joe. I came home from church on Sunday, 4/17/11. Joe & I had breakfast on the patio and we were enjoying the beautiful day. He set the sprinklers to water the citrus and said he was going to go to the bank to make a deposit and come right back. I received a call at 4:28 from Deputy Hernandez who called from Joe's phone.

He said that Joe had been in a minor traffic incident and had passed out. The

emt's were taking him to Sacred Heart. I said I'm on my way. So I hung up the phone and went to the hospital. They had him as a "john doe"; his wallet was in his pocket;don't know why they didn't look there. They took me back to the Family Room to wait. The ER doctor came back and told me he was critically ill,

that he had a heart attack , was unconscious & they didn't know how long he was out and his lungs were filling with fluid & that I should call in the family. He said they were an MRI then sending him up to Critical Care. I called Nancy & she came up and I called Rev. Jamie to get Joe on the prayer list. While he was having the MRI, Deputy TI Hernandez came out to speak with me. He said that when he arrived on the scene, Joe was up against the fence at a house on Denver Ave and didn't have a pulse. He called a deputy with a defibulator and they shocked him and performed cpr, and got a pulse back, then the EMT's showed up and took over and he called me. He said that Joe was in his truck talking to a pedestrian and a man in white car threw a bottle at the man Joe was talking to.The white car pulled up in front of Joe and Joe bumped his car with his truck. No report was filed because there was no damage to either vehicle. The MRI didn't reveal a stroke or anything bad in his brain. So I went up to the Critical Care waiting room. (It's 6:00- I woke up a little after 4) gotta get ready to go back up to the hospital.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 12:54 AM 4-22-2011

update for tonight Joe...
from hennie his honey..

I just got home from the hospital. I'm loosing my optimism. Joe didn't even open his eyes or squeeze my hand today. He seems to be getting worse instead of better. Traci observed the same thing when she saw Joe today. I missed the Dr today, but when I asked the nurse what he said, she said he said Joe was stable. hmmmmm. I asked the night nurse to write a note that I want to speak with the Dr. Eilen . It's very sad. I miss my Joe!! I really hope he can stay. I love him so much. I know also that what he has now, in the hospital is not how he wants to live ; on a ventilator with a feeding tube drugged up & in restraints; it's hard to take. If he must go, I lovingly release him to his soul's destiny.

C;mon joe... Please stay with us.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 3:59 PM 4-23-2011

from his sis in law..

Joe is responding to verbal commands to the point that last night a Dr told him to raise index finger of hand if he understood;Joe complied!He nodding head yes/no to Hennies questions,also. Dr today said no reason to "have meeting" today.They'll "know more Monday" re taking him off ventilator. Hennie asked me to post-she'll be at hospital most of today;she may/may not post tonite. Please keep prayers going - something sure working!SomeONE working..its in HIS hands.

And then...

Hennie went in to see Joe at noon visit,ventilator off,he's BREATHING ON HIS OWN,all restraints off, HE'S SPEAKING,told Hennie he loved her!! Who can not believe in the POWER OF PRAYER?? A Supreme Being, a Creative Intellligence..our GOD!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 6:48 PM 4-23-2011

new report 645 PM
Hennie Hopkins
I am elated!! Joe has made profound progress today. This morning the nurse asked Joe to raise a finger and he didn't respond, then she said," Joe, if you are in there , raise a finger" and it shot right up. When Traci & I saw him at the morning visit. He was doing well, following our commands and letting us know he was back! Dr. Videa...u came in and Joe responded to him as well. So they are talking again about a defibulator for Joe. When I went for the noon visit, they had removed him from the ventilator and just had him on oxygen. They released the restraints and stopped the sedative. He can talk now and the first thing he said was "I love you" which melted my heart. I am so grateful for the prayers, love, healing energy and positive thoughts that everyone has been sending to Joe & to me. Prayer works. I am filled with love & immeasurable gratitude for the blessings of all the people in our lives.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by round man at 6:37 PM 4-24-2011

Sonny Booker,....
JOE UPDATE: Traci just called, she just left hospital, said "Mom, it really is a miracle!" Joe coherent, cognizant....she, Hennie and Joe were discussing what close call he had. She said Joe gets emotional talking about it,realizing the truth of it,etc. Very understandable!!! He'll prob go to room in day or two,wont have restrictions on cards,flowers,etc. Hennie will prob post later,just wanted to put this in/on here for family and friends who come here for updates:) Thanks again for all the prayers, please keep them going
as I'm sure he has a "long road ahead of him"!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Posted by Techman at 2:23 AM 4-25-2011

joe report Monday 4/25 2 AM Final...

Just had a call from Joe. He is up and fully functional. He is operating on his own for now. The docs will be planting a defib into him in the next day or two.

It seems there will be some small amount of heart damage. They will know more after he heals a little more. However he is still suffering from infections and other complications.

The fact that a dep sheriff was right on the scene with a portable defib was a major factor. And the EMT team got him to the docs right away. Yes it was a very close call. It seems he didn't have a heart attack as in a clot. His heart did the fibulation thing and caused a serious problem because no blood was moving.

I pray this will be the last update. Hopefully by this weekend the ol' coot will be here to rant again.

First Ol' Si a year ago and now ol Joe. I think I have a full measure of emotional swings. What do you all think?

:clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.