• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS for VJ-1614

Wrapture

Just wanting to contribute here by recommending what appears to be a great product.

The model is CP1500AVRLCD. It's a 900 watt UPS.

The 1614 idles at around 30 watts, runs at <100 watts, and peaks at 700 watts. (I'm talking about the "Mains" not the heater)

I don't know what it's doing when it peaks at 700 watts. If anyone does, I'd love to know.

This UPS is powering the Main side of the 1614, the take up reel, and the RIP station. It has a blue LCD display which gives a bunch of info but most importantly it gives load and battery life....AND it looks sexy. (compared to the clunky looking APC) Also, it is about 1/2 the size of the old APC 1400.

I paid $180 with free shipping from an online store. It's very cheap insurance for a $20K machine. I highly recommend it.

417CD%2BsnjWL._SS400_.jpg

41CdCSGAs4L._SS400_.jpg

512QNUiqzRL._SS400_.jpg

web.jpg

Checkers

Yes, cheap insurance for sure!
I like that this model does line conditioning too, which will help reduce problems in some areas.
I've had many issues with electronics here and the conditioner seems to have reduced or eliminate those problems.

Checkers

Wrapture

We had a really bad storm blow through yesterday. You could hear the A/C blower varying in RPM and see the lights dim. EVERY piece of sensitive electronics here is on UPS. I'm just real impressed with these.

I also put the 600w model on my design station. That one was like $115 w/ free shipping.

Idea Design

I don't know if this matters here, but at my work job, we have a Xerox Phaser 7300 Color Laser printer. I thought, just like you guys, that it would be a great idea to put all of our sensitive equipment on UPS units.

We ended up calling Xerox to see if this was an okay thing to do and they said hooked up any way other than straight into the wall would void our warranty.

Something to consider. I personally think it's ridiculous to not have a $20,000 piece of equipment on a UPS but you may be doing more harm than good.

Just food for thought, that's all.

Wrapture

I don't know if this matters here, but at my work job, we have a Xerox Phaser 7300 Color Laser printer. I thought, just like you guys, that it would be a great idea to put all of our sensitive equipment on UPS units.

We ended up calling Xerox to see if this was an okay thing to do and they said hooked up any way other than straight into the wall would void our warranty.

Something to consider. I personally think it's ridiculous to not have a $20,000 piece of equipment on a UPS but you may be doing more harm than good.

Ignorant. Not you, what you were told. I would have their engineering department give me that in writing.

FWIW, I was at the MacTac booth at SGIA and was asking about their new Street Rap product. I asked them how it holds up to tires and was told "Oh no, it's not rated for tires, just foot traffic."

I asked, Then why is it called Street Wrap? and was told because it sounded cool.

Yesterday, a Mactac rep called asking what I thought of their booth. I told them I thought Street Rap was a great idea if only it could be driven on. She said "It can, that's why it's called Street Rap. We have it in our parking lot and it's driven on every day."

Moral: Not everyone that can speak speaks the truth.

Wrapture

XP on the iMac. nice!

I knew someone would catch that.

I try to run an all Mac shop, but Wasatch only comes in one flavor.

What makes it worse is when I asked them about it at their booth at SGIA, the guy at the booth looked up (from his MacBook Pro) and told me they don't support Macs.

Wrapture

ID, the more I think about this, I think they probably experienced some of their clients installing undersized UPS systems which did more harm than good. People don't realize that most laser printers, even when idling, keep the fuser assembly warm which generates a surge of consumption that will "kick out" an undersized UPS.

This is probably what they are trying to eliminate.

Most of the higher-end laser printers that are doing RIPs and network traffic take quite a while to recover and generate a terrible train wreck during power loss, so constant, clean power really is a must for such devices.