• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UPS Shipping

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I noticed Paypal has a new shipping center design, and the UPS rates are much better than what I have on my actual UPS account. I had some pretty decent rates with FedEx but the Paypal UPS rate even beats that.

netsol

I noticed Paypal has a new shipping center design, and the UPS rates are much better than what I have on my actual UPS account. I had some pretty decent rates with FedEx but the Paypal UPS rate even beats that.
you know, you can sign up with one of those 3rd party logistics companies
my largest client pays 40% less than i do
they replace your ups customer number with one of their own
shipping millions of packages per year gets a vastly better rate
it's not worth it for me, we don't ship enough to be bothered

i can get you the contact info, (they can allow you to load a piece of software [with a fee] that compares rates for ups, fedex and all major carriers before printing a label)

garyroy

We use Shippo and get 54% off UPS and 30% off Fedex. We pay $10 month but they have a free option as well.
We already have a UPS account.
Can you please give a brief explanation of how Shippo works and integrates with an existing UPS account?
Thanks

GC Decor

Super Printer
A simple call into Ups and FedEx will help get you better rates but you need to be moving volume to keep them. It’s all volume based, once you can get to the level of a regional manager visiting your company you can start to see a better picture. They can give you the volumes guides you need to hit to get better discounts. Pre-covid we did all of our own shipping with 10k + packages per Month and we had very competitive rates. 2020 - Now we mainly outsource all shipping and warehousing. Much simpler and less employees needed on payroll but doesn’t work for all business models.

We had one carrier that shipped our packages for under $4 each but we had to ship at least 2,000 packages a week with that service to get the low prices. Once all the delays started in Manufacturing there was no way we could hit those marks so we outsourced our shipping.

Cheap rates are great but if your not shipping anything don’t worry about the few %s points you will save.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
A simple call into Ups and FedEx will help get you better rates but you need to be moving volume to keep them. It’s all volume based, once you can get to the level of a regional manager visiting your company you can start to see a better picture. They can give you the volumes guides you need to hit to get better discounts. Pre-covid we did all of our own shipping with 10k + packages per Month and we had very competitive rates. 2020 - Now we mainly outsource all shipping and warehousing. Much simpler and less employees needed on payroll but doesn’t work for all business models.

We had one carrier that shipped our packages for under $4 each but we had to ship at least 2,000 packages a week with that service to get the low prices. Once all the delays started in Manufacturing there was no way we could hit those marks so we outsourced our shipping.

Cheap rates are great but if your not shipping anything don’t worry about the few %s points you will save.
I have never had any luck getting anything more than a token discount by calling them directly. We ship a fair amount, not like s365 but probably more than the average sign shop. UPS told us that we would have to use them exclusively to get a discount including LTL which they suck at.

dypinc

Are you talking about PayPal and ShipStation?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
You need to get a hold of a sales rep at UPS. I don't know how, but I had one contact me recently. He was very persistent. I blew him off at first and basically said "dude, stop wasting our time - I don't ship out much and you are not going to be able to do anything about our rates". I was very wrong. We shipped a large order of international stuff that cost us $10k. It would be about $2500 if I shipped it now. Of course, domestic ground shipping won't see that dramatic of a difference, but it is still pretty significant. It is good enough that I use our own UPS account for a handful of vendors instead of their account (of course, I know they are marking their shipments up). I'm not getting Amazon rates by any means, but it is much more palatable.

GC Decor

Super Printer
I have never had any luck getting anything more than a token discount by calling them directly. We ship a fair amount, not like s365 but probably more than the average sign shop. UPS told us that we would have to use them exclusively to get a discount including LTL which they suck at.
I would give it another shot if you guys are doing 1000 + Packages a month. When we originally called, we stated our shipping volume and they got a rep to reach out right away. We were using USPS mainly so we had alot of data to show them as well, gave them insight on weights & volume per week.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I would give it another shot if you guys are doing 1000 + Packages a month. When we originally called, we stated our shipping volume and they got a rep to reach out right away. We were using USPS mainly so we had alot of data to show them as well, gave them insight on weights & volume per week.
1000 a week? If I told them our volume they'd transfer me to India where they would hang up on me.

mbasch

ShipStation rocks and has good discount through stamps.com for UPS and USPS but you'll get the best rates through a consolidator. We go through Worldwide Express. The account you get through a consolidator can be used with any ship software.

dypinc

We have tried using Shipstation but it seems to be junk. Prices are good if you can just get it to work. It is usually very slow or not moving at all and the office girls are PISSED. So much time wasted that it is not worth it. I guess we will have to go back to using our accounts through quickbooks shipping manager.