• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used 360 or 570?

Excel

So I have been out of the game for a couple of years, as I relocated back from the US to the UK, I gave away my printers in the US before I left as I didn't think I would be printing back here.

I am looking at putting a used Latex in and I have a couple of options, I can get either an L360 or an L570 for £500 ($600) more, I have read a few threads and as much as I like some of the features of the 570 some are saying it's not as user friendly as the 360.

Looking for honest answers.

Cheers

dypinc

One problem with the L360 is that it does not have the wiping roller that the L570 does. This would presumedly allow you to use vinyl that has plasticizer migration issue like the General Formulations line which can no longer be used on the L360 without printing problems.

Excel

One problem with the L360 is that it does not have the wiping roller that the L570 does. This would presumedly allow you to use vinyl that has plasticizer migration issue like the General Formulations line which can no longer be used on the L360 without printing problems.
Yes I had that issue with my 25500, only happened on 1 roll, (We would wipe it down with alcohol before printing a banner) and we were more careful on what media we bought after that. I don't intend to be big on scrim banners but thanks for the useful heads up.

FrankW

I would prefer the 570, because of the better media handling (no spindle) and the cleaning wiper (not permanently useful, but nice to have for several cases). But, if you do not print enough to empty the 3 Liter Cartridges, you should check for a printer with 775ml-cartridges only.

mbasch

If you are doing paneled jobs like wallpaper or tradeshow graphics, our 360 is much more consistent than our 570. We can get to panel the same length off our 570 if our lives depended on it and yes, we have done every calibration and suggestion HP has.

Excel

If you are doing paneled jobs like wallpaper or tradeshow graphics, our 360 is much more consistent than our 570. We can get to panel the same length off our 570 if our lives depended on it and yes, we have done every calibration and suggestion HP has.
Yes will need accurate tiling so a very valid point

Z SIGNS

Latex printers are cheap. Just buy a new one. It will come with a warranty. Save yourself headaches down the road. If you don't buy new you will be back here asking for help with someone else's junk that they sold to you.

Excel

Latex printers are cheap. Just buy a new one. It will come with a warranty. Save yourself headaches down the road. If you don't buy new you will be back here asking for help with someone else's junk that they sold to you.
If I had the cash, and already had some business I'd be inclined to agree, but as I am starting from ground zero with a limited budget it's not an option. running the numbers I could burn through 3 used models for the cost of a new one, I have bought new in the past and always end up with a used one, so I kind of know what to expect. I am buying from a techie so I will have acces to support going forwards, if I get one that works for a year and I want to continue with the business I will trade up for a new machine.