• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Used/Scrapped Composite Panels

2B

if they are "decent", we will upcycle with the new customers' approval

Usually, they are repurposed. I just made some raised garden grow beds and used ACM as the sidewalls.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
dumpster.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
When my kid was in middle school, I became aquatinted with the design teacher. His father owned a sign shop, and his mother was a teacher. He once told me that scraps are like gold to teachers. From vinyl, to substrates. Even cardboard media cores. So I always gave them scraps that were going in the garbage any way. Free resources to turn kids loose with creativity.

SignosaurusRex

The up-cycling & re-purposeing uses for old composite panels are endless. A hot-glue gun and the right glue sticks can be a huge plus. The imagination is endless!
The same goes for Coro.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I reuse the acm if I can!!! And any other scraps. I was saving my cardboard for a guy but then he didn't show up twice so I stopped.

I was giving my scraps of vinyl and HTV to a teacher at school until I found out she was using them to make shirts and decals and selling them. Now I keep whatever fits into one rubber maid container, the rest gets tossed. I very often use my scraps of vinyl and HTV especially now with it hard to find certain vinyl colors.

rjssigns

if they are "decent", we will upcycle with the new customers' approval

Usually, they are repurposed. I just made some raised garden grow beds and used ACM as the sidewalls.
I also made table top gardens and used ACM for the sides. First two I made were from "upcycled" vinyl fence panels.