• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

used xc-540 arrived today, prints great, no cut!

dtsowosso

So, I got what I think is a good deal on this unit, but, the cutting blade is doing nothing for me, hoping for some helping points.

print ing is great, but no cutting from the blade!

test cut button moves the carriage around, but no marks are left on the vinyl. doesnt appear to be lowering. have changed the blade, and have also added a spot of lubricant to the blade holder.

here is what I am seeing:

can anyone point me in the right direction?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you press on it with your finger does it move freely down and up? I would however open it up and inspect it, see that there isnt any loose wires or some other strange going on.
I suspect the cut head assy is done and needs to be replaced if everything else seems fine.

Last edited:

dtsowosso

If you press on it with your finger does it move freely down and up? I would however open it up and inspect it, see that there isnt any loose wires or some other strange going on.
I suspect the cut head assy is done and needs to be replaced if everything else seems fine.
the assembly is in tightly. I have re-seated the three pairs of wires and the flex cable, restarted the printer, same issue. I may be calling a tech out here.

Anointed

So, I got what I think is a good deal on this unit, but, the cutting blade is doing nothing for me, hoping for some helping points.

print ing is great, but no cutting from the blade!

test cut button moves the carriage around, but no marks are left on the vinyl. doesnt appear to be lowering. have changed the blade, and have also added a spot of lubricant to the blade holder.

here is what I am seeing:

can anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi Mate,

I just bought the same printer and have the same issue...the cutting blade is doing nothing but prints great. I have a tech guy who use to service the machine from where I bought it from and is willing to help. I will give him a call some time this week and if any solution come up I will let you know. And if you come up a solution beforehand please share.

Thanks
J