• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using an image as a fill for text.

Jamie Christy

Is it possible in Omega?

I need to fill text with an image...then an outline....then a shadow.

In my Inspire you just position text (or curves) over image and create mask..........voila!

Thanks
Jamie

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes.

You use a combination of combining same colors so the center is a hole and then select or create cutpaths to finish the piece. You must use the same vinyl throughout with foil fills. All fills would be set to overprint.

Now place the vectors on top of your image, size and position it and it should preview and print/cut correctly.

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Pictures demonstrate better.

Attachments

• Omega1.jpg
    Omega1.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Omega2.jpg
    Omega2.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Omega3.jpg
    Omega3.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 131

Jamie Christy

so if my next layer or out line is say ...red
then if i make the text red it will put the picture inside the text...got it

what if i want the whole pic to remain as a background?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You would add the color change and probably set a choke and spread if you're using more than one spot color. Depending on the colors used, you may also choose to just set CMYK colors instead of spot colors .... especially if you have a CMYK image already being run. This nearly always eliminates the need for chokes and spreads. If you want to reduce or eliminate any graininess in these fills, select a halftone type of Classical Dot and bump the LPI setting up into the 70 to 90 range.

To run it with the entire image behind it showing, you set the text to overprint and turn all cuts off. then set a rectangle or whatever shape you want to use to cut out the image.

Learning the different ways to achieve any given effect is different with Omega and in general when you are working with spot colors. Your tools are:

Cuts On or Off
Spot or CMYK
Overprint or Not (Not knocksout all print beneath it)
Clear Fills
Printing on films other than white .... with or without primers.

Hope this helps.

Jamie Christy

it wont work for me

I have a "D" in atomic red....then outlined with atomic red...applied cut line to outline

now i just got two atomic red pieces.....its not "knocking out" the inner piece

Jamie Christy

i can see through it now but my image is still a big square behind my shape.....i have the outline set for cuts is that correct?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Pictures

Attachments

• Combine No Preview.jpg
    Combine No Preview.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Combine w Preview.jpg
    Combine w Preview.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 128