• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using the term "die cut" vinyl lettering

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A practicing semi-literate wrote...

stick·er ˈstikər noun

an adhesive label or notice, generally printed or illustrated.

de·cal ˈdēkal noun

a design prepared on special paper for transfer onto another surface such as glass, porcelain, or metal.

sticker/decal doesn't bother me, but i agree, diecut kinda drives me nuts....

How about Dictionary? A compendium of usage of which the editors were aware at the time it was published. A dictionary defines nothing. It is incapable of defining any word or term except 'Dictionary'. Often quoted by idiots in an ignorant attempt at argument which generates the fallacy 'Argumentum ad Lexicon' which, while not a formal fallacy, should damn well be one.

To the original post add 'font' for type face and any use of the word 'graphic' as a noun.

OldPaint

I ACTUALLY HAD A "DIE CUT" vinyl setup. no joke. it used 2" rolls of vinyl, and you had to take a metal raised letter plate, put in the slot above the vinyl, turn a hand crank that would "die cut" the metal plate in the vinyl, then you changed that plate to the next letter, and did this till you got the word you needed. sorta looked like a pasta maker)))

gabagoo

I think the word die cut would be used more often to describe the procedure to someone not in the business. Computer cut or vinyl cut lettering probably means squat to most end users.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
A practicing semi-human wrote:

How about Dictionary? A compendium of usage of which the editors were aware at the time it was published. A dictionary defines nothing. It is incapable of defining any word or term except 'Dictionary'. Often quoted by idiots in an ignorant attempt at argument which generates the fallacy 'Argumentum ad Lexicon' which, while not a formal fallacy, should damn well be one.

To the original post add 'font' for type face and any use of the word 'graphic' as a noun.

You are incapable of being a full human...