• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USPS Tracking is a joke :)

mark galoob

checked out the video...i will restate my claim, every package we pack to ship out of our facility is rated to withstand somebody throwing it accross the room...in fact, thats one of our tests, and i do this in front of customers many times a day. if it cant withstand that, i wont be responsible for it breaking...signs on the wall, and the reciept...

mark galoob

ucmj22

For the record....today is Tuesday. The package still isn't here. They tried to deliver it Saturday, I guess they're just calling that good enough.

whenever I miss a delivery from USPS, I have to pick it up at the post office. They wont attempt a second delivery.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
the most likely causes of boxes arriving in the condition that tyrants picture showed is due to poor packing...we ship thousands of packages per year through ups fedex and usps. the packages we pack ourselves have about a .001% failure rate. customer packed packages have a much higher failure rate.

there is acutal science involved with how packages are packed and i took the fedex packing course. they put sensors in various packages, and found where all the weak points of a package are, and the course is designed to eliminate what happened to tyrants package.

all the carriers have about an equal loss ratio and and equal damage ratio for packages that are correctly packed. the main issue with the postoffice is if you insure your item with them, they only have about a 25% paid claim ratio. plus the post office has the equivalent of 7th graders working for them, so if you can ship your package according their mentality, your good...but just try to think outside of the box with them, and your package will go byby

mark galoob

I agree with the packing could help with that ... still doesn't account for bad handlers. no amount of packing will protect a package from someone kicking it hard enough to send their boot into the box and destroy a computer case. Nor with the fact that when I worked at a book store in college the ups guy who picked up packages in the afternoon would have half to 3/4 his packages on the ground of his truck ... last week I saw a huge flatscreen tv box on it's side all effed up ... bad handlers are half the problem.

Suz

UPS Made Good Today!

Well, I am thrilled! I got a call today from my supplier saying my package that was lost on the derailed train would be paid for and expedited shipment added by UPS!!! Yay! This means it is going to be here tomorrow. I'm so happy! Okay, done now. This turned out better than I had expected.

mark galoob

Tyrent, if your package is packed correctly, you wont be able to stick your foot through the box. a forklift maybe, but not your foot. even if you drop kicked it.

the way packages are handled in the small parcel system is they way they are handled. it is what it is and its not wrong, just package correctly and all will be well. ive shipped everything from fragile china to jimmy buffets signed fender in a glass case. all make it, because i know how the carriers work. i know how to pack my stuff so it will withstand the pressures of the system.

just fyi flat screens in their original boxes are NOT rated to go through the system. thats a box that is rated to be on a pallet which is a whole diff animal.

mark galoob