• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

USPS Tracking is a joke :)

sfr table hockey

:ROFLMAO:Try getting stuff from USA to Canada! USPS to Canada Post, what a joke!

I thought they didn't update the tracking due to it going into Canada but I feel better now knowing that its not just us up here....its everyone.

I do have to admit that at least with USPS you don't get a pile of brokerage charges on this end which at times can cost half as much as the items shipped. As well it seems when customs papers are missing any little piece of info they charge duty as well.

With the post office you never get that.......might never get your package..... but.....

Suz

Pat, I read your post earlier this morning and didn't post anything as I usually have good luck with UPS, and if anything does go wrong we do have a main distribution center about 2 miles away. It's a Hub. Problems are rare but they do happen.

So, I'm wondering what happened to a shipment I should have gotten already and check my tracking number, to find out my package ($250.00) is on this train:

http://www.kxlh.com/news/train-derails-in-ne-montana/#

Yikes! I gotta explain this to (4) different Customers that their jackets umm, burned up? Fell off the train? Got trampled over by wild horses in Montana... Not sure yet, it is "under investigation" for claims, "all merchandise discarded" and I'm just glad I paid with credit card. Geesh!

visual800

I rarely care when something will get to me. I dont use tracking cause I figure I order something it will eventually come. I have noticed on ebay when someone buys my stuff they IMMEDIATLY want tracking........I dont get it.

TresL

USPS online tracking is only proof of shipment & receipt.

If you call USPS, they can track it with an internal system more like UPS.

ucmj22

I'm not faulting the USPS as a whole. The fact that for 44¢ I can send a document across the country and have a 99.999% chance of it getting there successfully is pretty dang impressive.

if FedEx or UPS were "allowed" to deliver first class mail instead of the USPS holding a monopoly on it then it would only cost 22¢ and it would get there in half the time.

Pat Whatley

For the record....today is Tuesday. The package still isn't here. They tried to deliver it Saturday, I guess they're just calling that good enough.

USPS does not offer tracking.... The service they offer is "delivery confirmation" and is exactly that, a confirmation upon delivery.

I ship about 10-15 packages a day with the USPS. ALL with delivery confirmation. It covers the seller butt.

Suz

Pat, hopefully you will see it today. Don't they usually make (3) attempts in a row? Strange it did not come yesterday.

My supplier will hopefully re-ship my package today and expedite. At least they said they would try to expedite at UPS expense, but they were going to call UPS first to see if it would be covered for the extra shipping expense. I doubt if UPS will pay the extra to get it to me quicker, but I may be wrong. We'll see. Apparently, shipper needs to be the one to file the claim. I had to make (3) calls to my shipper/supplier yesterday before I found someone competent who seemed to know how to handle the situation. I'm not mad at all, things do happen. I'm just a bit nervous as I have (4) Customers waiting for things.

Good luck to you Pat!

For the record....today is Tuesday. The package still isn't here. They tried to deliver it Saturday, I guess they're just calling that good enough.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I fault (edit ... ups ... love fedex) as a whole. They destroy my boxes (both to commercial shop and home) they lose packages and have the most horrible customer service. Also, If I'm in texas, you're in california ... if my package ends up in virginia ... you ... are ... doing ... it ... wrong. If they had first class mail ... I wouldn't use it ... ever. Had a computer case come in last year for my new gaming rig ... had a boot HOLE in the side of the box ... some *** hole kicked my box and crushed in the side ... i could see it from the outside ... rejected the box ... dude tried to tell me it was fine at that ... i told him if he doesn't reject it ... i will contact his supervisor and file a complaint ... he took the box back. *** holes the lot of them.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
OH ... and ups this year "lost" 3 christmas gifts in my family (one coming to me, one going to my mother and one going to the brother in law) ... Thieves to boot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, you guys are a tough crowd.

Guess we've been lucky. Other than snow or ice closing down a hub or getting a package a day late here or there a few times in almost 40 years, I have no qualms with any of them. The mail gets to where I want it in what I consider a reasonable amount of time and my UPS and FedEx is just about always perfect.

Many years ago [late 80's], we sent some signs to Ontario California with the proper zip code. It ended up in Ontario Canada and sitting on a dock. We had a company with cranes and buckets set up to install the signs and were waiting on site for these signs for over 4 hours. Everything was set up perfectly, except someone mis-read the address. UPS had the packages in California early the next day... paid for all the extra delivery service.... PLUS also paid for the crane, bucket and men sitting around for a full day. We received a check from UPS for something like over $3,000 plus a nice credit to use them in the future. Remember, those prices are from like 1989.

They made good for us. There are hiccups in every business, and I guess if I was experiencing the routine lousy service you guys are talking about, I'd be complaining, too.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Oh, don't get me wrong ... my NORMAL ups delivery guy is great ... he's fast, efficient doesn't trash the boxes in his truck ... but when I get something through "oops" that isn't him delivering it ... I get boxes like the following. They always give me the same damn story too "It was like that when it got in my box" and "everything should still be in there" and every other excuse under the block ... I wish it was once in a while ... but I've gotten boxes like that for over 2 decades ... fedex ... maybe once every year or 2 ... usps ... once in a blue moon. ups ... once a month. hate them.

Attachments

• PICT0184.jpg
    PICT0184.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 95

mark galoob

the most likely causes of boxes arriving in the condition that tyrants picture showed is due to poor packing...we ship thousands of packages per year through ups fedex and usps. the packages we pack ourselves have about a .001% failure rate. customer packed packages have a much higher failure rate.

there is acutal science involved with how packages are packed and i took the fedex packing course. they put sensors in various packages, and found where all the weak points of a package are, and the course is designed to eliminate what happened to tyrants package.

all the carriers have about an equal loss ratio and and equal damage ratio for packages that are correctly packed. the main issue with the postoffice is if you insure your item with them, they only have about a 25% paid claim ratio. plus the post office has the equivalent of 7th graders working for them, so if you can ship your package according their mentality, your good...but just try to think outside of the box with them, and your package will go byby

mark galoob

royster13

the most likely causes of boxes arriving in the condition that tyrants picture showed is due to poor packing...we ship thousands of packages per year through ups fedex and usps. the packages we pack ourselves have about a .001% failure rate. customer packed packages have a much higher failure rate.

there is acutal science involved with how packages are packed and i took the fedex packing course. they put sensors in various packages, and found where all the weak points of a package are, and the course is designed to eliminate what happened to tyrants package.

all the carriers have about an equal loss ratio and and equal damage ratio for packages that are correctly packed. the main issue with the postoffice is if you insure your item with them, they only have about a 25% paid claim ratio. plus the post office has the equivalent of 7th graders working for them, so if you can ship your package according their mentality, your good...but just try to think outside of the box with them, and your package will go byby

mark galoob

Agree 100%

royster13

If that clock was packaged wrong, the damage would have been done by the automated sorting systems long before that mailman got a hold of the package....Every small package service is "rough" on packages.....