• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV printing on carpet

RoCo

Has anyone done this, yet? I'm not concerned about whether it's possible, I'm more interested in a source for the white, low-pile carpet, be it tiles or a roll.

Any advice on a vendor to go to first?

SebastienL

We printed on carpet once with our Inca Columbia Turbo. I'm not sure what carpet it was, but I know it was designed to be printed on.
After spending 2 days cleaning the machine we never printed on carpet again...

Typestries

The ultraflexx prints great on the Gandi Jeti flatbed. Do it quite often. Mess has never been an issue for us.

RoCo

Duly noted. What's worse is this is for an "artist's project." For any of you out there who have ever gotten involved with doing artist's projects you probably learned the same rule:

Do NOT get involved with artists.
They never schedule an appointment.
They burn AT LEAST an hour of your day just by walking through the door.
They like to treat your equipment as if it was their own experimental printer.
The like to be there when it's printing.
They like to make changes - on your house computer.
You can never charge them enough to make it worth it.

I'm hoping I can scare her off with an offensively inflated price.

Custom_Grafx

Tell them you have a google-like pricing model. Pay per Click, to the highest bidder.

I told someone the other day 40% surcharge for right clicks, 60% surcharge for shortcut keys and custom made actions/scripts.

Their every 5 minute emails came to a stop, and the next morning, I had a firm, well thought out list of changes, complete with an apology.

I am however, waiting for the job to be completed and hear from them re the shade of frosting of the vinyl being a different shade to what was on the photoshop mock up...

and yeah... good luck with your experimental carpet job... sounds fun.

Mspec

vacuum the carpet before you run it through your printer , and watch for stray fibers along the edges ( you can hit it lightly with a torch. ) then spray it with Scotch Guard after printing. The UltraFlex stuff should work well for you.