• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Roll to Roll printers

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
For those who haven’t been following.
I’ve been looking for a UV (has to be uv) roll to roll printer.

I need to be able to cover 200 - 500m2 a day

• The quality has to be good as it’s full ink coverage
  • Images are photographic. Viewed at am arms length away.
  • No banding at all
  • Reliable for 24/7 printing.
  • Need to be able to get it sooner rather than later.
Currently using my Oce Arizona RMO. But to slow. But great quality in production mode.

my current options are:
- Canon Colorado ( waiting for my media test samples to come back for conclusion) and I came have it installed with in a week of purchase.
That’s it.

we need to be able to get it sooner than later as production is ramping up quickly to help offset the Oce Arizona.

once we can offset it, then we plan on looking at a solid option which could possibly be the SwissQprint Karibu. Maybe one of the EFIs.

Can anyone recommend me a solid option to look into. Something That would be readily available in Australia hopefully.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Stay away from the Roland LEC2-300. Got one 7 months ago and it has yet to work.
I believe i'll be staying away from Rolland anyway. They're all entry level printers and not right for the job. can't find the speed spec, but i highly doubt they'd get the print speed.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Vanguard has a nice 3.2 meter with a good price point.

I can’t find an Australian distributor for Vanguard. Although since they’re own by durst, I could give them a call.

Check out the StratoJet Falcon 3300 XL that just won the 2020 Product of the Year Award from Printing United. It’s an awesome printer with a ton of unique features.

https://stratojetusa.com/falcon-3300

I believe there’s an Australian distributer. But a small company in Sydney. I’ll look into it. But no high hopes as id like Melbourne support.

if anyone has anymore suggestions, it would be hugely appreciated.
I also know what I’m asking for is a huge hurdle.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Why does it have to be uv?
For the little time You could get 2 latex or 2 epson 60600..

That’s what they’ve asked for. It has something to do with what they’re doing with the prints.

Latex. Eco etc is out of the question.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Speed is likely the issue for the UCJV. You’d need 2 or three to keep up with the Colorado which entails more maintenance, and double/triple everything else that regularly needs changed.

Also not sure about the tech support in aus?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Speed is likely the issue for the UCJV. You’d need 2 or three to keep up with the Colorado which entails more maintenance, and double/triple everything else that regularly needs changed.

Also not sure about the tech support in aus?

There is support in Australia for mimaki.
But yes I’m not confident they can run 24/7 great entry machines, but I always see more issues with those than anything else

Running costs isn’t viable. I would need a few so yeah, double or triple maintenance.

it really does seem UV printers are still newish and my many manufacturers making them.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
I can’t find an Australian distributor for Vanguard. Although since they’re own by durst, I could give them a call.

I believe there’s an Australian distributer. But a small company in Sydney. I’ll look into it. But no high hopes as id like Melbourne support.

if anyone has anymore suggestions, it would be hugely appreciated.
I also know what I’m asking for is a huge hurdle.

I would recommend the Stratojet Falcon, been using it for about 2 years now, none issues so far.. Its actually their best printer so far. You can check with them, and see if they have a support dealer around Melbourne, if local support is a must !

Bly

If you get a Colorado better hope it doesn't get humid.
Apparently that's the reason power supplies are going in Oz -
they're now out of them and I have a dead machine a week before xmas with no eta on repair.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’m in the UK and our power supply went last week. It has been down a lot lately. Just good it chews threw the work once it’s back up!