• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UV Roll to Roll printers

Bly

They've got a tech here trying to sort it now. got to hand it to these guys they really go above and beyond for their customers.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I would recommend the Stratojet Falcon, been using it for about 2 years now, none issues so far.. Its actually their best printer so far. You can check with them, and see if they have a support dealer around Melbourne, if local support is a must !
There is an australian rep, but in sydney. And when i search for them nothing shows up. so wont be going down that path.

For now though, I'll be getting a Colorado 1650. then we'll see how much work it can possibly do as the work we took is has my Arizona running 24/7. (runs a roll at night and it'll finish it by the morning)

If you get a Colorado better hope it doesn't get humid.
Apparently that's the reason power supplies are going in Oz -
they're now out of them and I have a dead machine a week before xmas with no eta on repair.

Ouch! i have heard a few stories. what type of power supply unit? something not off the shelf i would assume.
We're waiting on the paperwork, But we've got a dedicated print room that has aircon & humidity control. should be in by feb hopefully.

louie

If you can take a look at Teckwin TS5000HF would be great. In terms of quality, speed, reliability and price point. It can print up to 5 meter rolls so depends on your media size you can even print at least 2 rolls at a time. I believe they have an operation in Australia, I am not sure though.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
If you can take a look at Teckwin TS5000HF would be great. In terms of quality, speed, reliability and price point. It can print up to 5 meter rolls so depends on your media size you can even print at least 2 rolls at a time. I believe they have an operation in Australia, I am not sure though.
Had a look at specs, it's a little slow for what i need.
Our Colorado is on about 1000SQM a week in matte mode. our upgrade needs to at least double the speed or more.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would probably just get the Karibu(S) if that's what you are looking into.
Or why not another Colorado or two if you like it? Probably cheaper and easier than the big machines.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I would probably just get the Karibu(S) if that's what you are looking into.
Or why not another Colorado or two if you like it? Probably cheaper and easier than the big machines.

Yeah im waiting on samples from the Karibu S. the speed of the S is a lot better than the standard version and makes it a lot more appealing.
The colorado is a great machine, but it has complications with one of our stocks we run. So when we upgrade, we'll need a machine like the karibu & Durst RHO 312r that has constant tension on the media.

AndytheAussie

Yeah im waiting on samples from the Karibu S. the speed of the S is a lot better than the standard version and makes it a lot more appealing.
The colorado is a great machine, but it has complications with one of our stocks we run. So when we upgrade, we'll need a machine like the karibu & Durst RHO 312r that has constant tension on the media.
Hey Pauly - Did you take a look at the EFI Pro32r+ inside Curries new showroom at Hawthorn? I would say it fits your production requirements and some. It has similarities, such as Ricoh Gen5 heads, to the Falcon 3300 so highly regarded in US but not supported here. Curries has 50 service staff and is HQd in Melb. Up to 257 m2/hr , 2 roll split for 2 x 1600mm across, quality I saw was amazing. Rated 5,000sqm/ week.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hey Pauly - Did you take a look at the EFI Pro32r+ inside Curries new showroom at Hawthorn? I would say it fits your production requirements and some. It has similarities, such as Ricoh Gen5 heads, to the Falcon 3300 so highly regarded in US but not supported here. Curries has 50 service staff and is HQd in Melb. Up to 257 m2/hr , 2 roll split for 2 x 1600mm across, quality I saw was amazing. Rated 5,000sqm/ week.

I haven't seen it in person, but i have looked at EFIs range on paper. 257SQM is a little on the slow size, as im looking for something with 4x CMYK / 16 heads at least to at least get in the neighbourhood of 150-160SQM in a production mode.

I know what im after is very specific, and i believe my only 2 options i have are the Swissqprint karibu S or a Dusrt RHO 312r

The larger/faster EFIs use pinch rollers which is not something that will work for us.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Take a look at StratoJet Falcon XL-3300 a very solid 10ft roll to roll UV Printer. A very competitive to the Karibu product, we get a much higher dpi than that printer, has the same constant tension technology to print continuously and has two media take up and feeders which allows me to run banners and have my fabric always loaded on the other media holder for instant production

Christian @ 2CT Media

Take a look at StratoJet Falcon XL-3300 a very solid 10ft roll to roll UV Printer. A very competitive to the Karibu product, we get a much higher dpi than that printer, has the same constant tension technology to print continuously and has two media take up and feeders which allows me to run banners and have my fabric always loaded on the other media holder for instant production
Dude, do you even read the responses to your posts? He said Stratojet is out because there is no support.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Dude, do you even read the responses to your posts? He said Stratojet is out because there is no support.
I don’t think he does. Seems like he posts in any printer thread recommending something from the stratojet lineup with no regard to the topic.

No updates for me. Colorado is running great currently, but Karibu S will likely be the upgrade.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm pretty sure he gets paid for it one way or another. Like in the other thread he "Saw one of these" and of course comes recommending it...