• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

V.I.R race track pictures saturday may 14th

went to V.I.R race track yesterday to see the grand am rolex race series and thought i'd share a few shots of the cars in action with you all...............if your interested!

Attachments

• DSC02036 crown royal.jpg
    DSC02036 crown royal.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02136 mazda rx8 flame 2.jpg
    DSC02136 mazda rx8 flame 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02156 mazda rx8 flame.jpg
    DSC02156 mazda rx8 flame.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02209 turner 29.jpg
    DSC02209 turner 29.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02219 telmex 01 v.jpg
    DSC02219 telmex 01 v.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 71
heres a few more.....

Attachments

• DSC02232 number 90.jpg
    DSC02232 number 90.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC02241 porsche 67.jpg
    DSC02241 porsche 67.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC02274 gainsco 99.jpg
    DSC02274 gainsco 99.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02286 number 86.jpg
    DSC02286 number 86.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC02321 number 10.jpg
    DSC02321 number 10.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 79

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Those look pretty good.
What did you shoot them with?
I'm an aspiring soccer dad photo enthusiast.

wayne k
guam

thanks! i have a load more and am working my way through them! i used a sony alfa300 with acouple different lenses. the conditions were not great! the race started at 3 pm and it rained heavy from 2.45 through 4pm but then the sun was out and a nice dry race line appeared on the track and then the hammer went down due to the dry line! awesome!!! i wish i could post the sound on here!!! unbelivable!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Sorry, probably will tick off the nascar fans, but I consider this as superior racing. Road courses, right AND left turns, elevation changes, exciting passing.... not the round and round parades of indy and nascar. Oh and they actually race when it rains which is even more excitement!

I try to go to Mid Ohio Raceway a couple of times each year where cars such as these race along with NASA and in previous years the Valvoline Runoffs with common people and reasonable budgets go racing

F1 is my sport, along with lemans, grand am(which is what was on at vir) and the prototype cars etc..........superb!
not into nascar at all, don't see the point in going around in an oval for hours on end! sorry to any nascar fans out there!

Gene@mpls

F1 is my sport, along with lemans, grand am(which is what was on at vir) and the prototype cars etc..........superb!
not into nascar at all, don't see the point in going around in an oval for hours on end! sorry to any nascar fans out there!

Me three- I grew up less than an hour from Brainard International Raceway
(then Donneybrook) during the Can-Am and pony car and sport prototype
wars. I have thousands of slides of the unlimited Can-am and Trans-am
cars- in the rain we would station at the end of the one mile straight- quite
a sight. Gene

modernmav

Nice shots! and boy your right about the sound. There is nothing else like it. Anyone who hasnt experienced it needs to get out to an event and feel the power of the cars! We went to the St. Pete Grand Prix last month and its a blast

yeah.............that sound!!! boy o boy! there really is nothing else like it! and another thing i like about where we went is they open up the pit lane an hour before the race and you can get right up close to the cars(will post some pics of that)........meet the drivers and watch the mechanics work on the cars etc.
Gene> your a lucky guy! that would be awesome to be that close to a track(although v.i.r is only an hour and three quarters away for us).....

oh, and those mazda rx-8 race cars with the rotary engines........alittle whiney but, on the down shifts they were shooting flames out of the exhuasts which was an awesome sight!!

some shots from the pit lane....

Attachments

• IMG_7840.jpg
    IMG_7840.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7842.jpg
    IMG_7842.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7833.jpg
    IMG_7833.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7835.jpg
    IMG_7835.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7836.jpg
    IMG_7836.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 80

routierracing

Sorry, probably will tick off the nascar fans, but I consider this as superior racing. Road courses, right AND left turns, elevation changes, exciting passing.... not the round and round parades of indy and nascar. Oh and they actually race when it rains which is even more excitement!

I try to go to Mid Ohio Raceway a couple of times each year where cars such as these race along with NASA and in previous years the Valvoline Runoffs with common people and reasonable budgets go racing

Them's fightin words Doctor... I only say that because I don't know how to turn right. haha

Si Allen

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That brings back old memories of Riverside International Raceway in So. California.

I worked Course Control and/or Timing and Scoring from the mid '60s until it closed.

Gene@mpls

I actually used to run into Paul Newman in the pits now and then- he
would always smile and nod- striking blue eyes. When the herd of
7,8 or 9 liter CanAm cars hit the first turn after a one mile straight a way
the ground would shake- still gives me shivers.

yeah, i was stood on a corner that went out onto a straight run and when they apexed the corner and put the hammer down, man...........everything shock, loved it!