• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vacation & learn...just wondering

Skye

Hello
Not sure if this has been posted much.
Has anyone organized going on vacation and stopping in to see one of signs101 members and share a days work to share and learn from each other?
I know over the past 15 years ihave learned a lot and learn tones every time get on this forum. However I am a very hands on person when learning and showing.
I am from Ontario Canada and this week I am on vacationing with my family in new brunswick and thought I might stop in on a sign shop and say hi.

Take care folks
Skye

Sticky Signs

I like that idea a lot. I always learn something new whenever I'm at another sign shop or working with someone I haven't worked with before. It could be just one little thing, but it's sure to help out down the road. Even if you learn "what not to do", at least you've learned something.
Too bad you're not coming out to the left coast because I'd be glad to have you.

Skye

Family

Hi sticky signs
I have family in white rock bc. Next time I visit I will pm you.
I think trade-a-day of work would be good for so many of us.
If you are every in Ontario you are welcome. I even have extra rooms.
Skye

Skye

What i see by the amount of view is interest in the thought of sharing information but not in person. (i could be wrong) I have worked with a small few local sign shops and it was very rewarding for both parties.
Maybe my pipedream of writing of my vacation as work has gone out the window!:peace!:

k.a.s.

Ive never done that but it could be a good idea. Next time one of you vacations in northeast Ohio let me know.

kevin

sardocs

Hey Sticky, I'm sorta in your neighbourhood, a short ferry ride from Horseshoe bay. I would love to trade some oldschool sign techniques for a bit of newschool printer tricks. And I have a nice jam-space attached.....

Sticky Signs

Hey Sardocs. If I remember correctly, you're on the Sunshine Coast. I really gotta get out there to check it out. Sounds like a nice place.

I'll bring my Firebird if you bring yours.

You're always welcome to pop by next time your on the mainland.
Cheers

Jillbeans

Jhill ever been to NE Ohio?
It's actually kind of fun.
Sometimes the seeemingly boring places are the best trips.
No tourists to contend with, either.
:)

Dave Drane

Well Skye if you are ever going through the east coast of Australia feel free to drop into the "real Sunshine Coast" and have a coffee and a look around. I can even give you a few tips on how to hand paint some stuff.

Skye

Thanks Dave
My wife and I both have family in Australia. Maybe one day I will take you up on the coffee or:beer

sardocs

Dave - I'm pretty sure our "Sunshine Coast" is real. We just keep it on the west side of the continent for the nice sunsets.