• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VACCUM PROBLEM WITH OCE/CANON ARIZONA 2300 XTF HIGH FLOW VACUUM

Hey everyone,
One of the reasons I'm writing this posting is because I don't want anybody in the sign industry to have the same problem as me. I have been a Canon/Oce customer for the past 8 years, having 2 previous printers with minor issues, until about 4 months ago, we replaced one the previous oce flatbed for the new OCE/CANON ARIZONA 2300 XTF series with “HIGH FLOW VACUUM System". The way this printer is designed is with no vacuum zones so you can put your media anywhere in the table, this sounds great to hear, but this comes with a price tag, this is causing HUGE amount of OVERSPRAY on the printer in the areas that the vacuum stays on, there is no way to control the vacuum since there is no vacuum zones, the ink goes EVERYWHERE in the rest on the uncover areas of the printer, causing an ink MIST, this mist is STICKING on all the electronics of the printer and on the bottom of the table. You have to clean this ink everyday, the vacuum is also making ink overspray of wet ink on the bottom of the PRINT HEADS causing banding and CLOGGING the heads and causing printing issues. The ink overspray sucks through the pin registrations as well. So what happens when the warranty expires? Will the printer last 2 years with all the contamination it is currently causing on other parts of the machine? If you are going to buy this printer, do your research so you don't make the same mistake I did. Canon is trying to resolve the problem but the only solution is to cover the rest of the areas that you are not printing or the other option is to replace the whole vacuum system and put printing zones.
I NEED advice on what to do and what I can do. They have tried everything, recalibrating the machine, checking material height, cleaning the materials, checking static, with no positive results. This is causing a huge loss to our business and is underproductive. I’m calling ALL OTHER OWNERS of this printer to help and tell me what they are doing, your help and opinion is appreciated. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,296
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 535
  • 19.jpeg
    19.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 550
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 481
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 566

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Wow, that's not good.
Wonder if it's just yours doing or others out there with the same issue.

We had an issue with our 480XT table lifting in the middle (out of service) and they did fix it as it was found as a fault and there was a fix for it.

Hopefully canon do get on top of that.

Nate1n22

Can't you just mask off the rest of the bed? You would have to do that on a non HFV option too. My understanding is that the HFV version is designed for hard to suck down materials, like warped wood or warped cardboard

Hi and thank you for the comment its appreciated yes, we can mask the rest of the vaccum bed but this will make this printer the most unproductive printer on the market since you have no vaccum zones only to big zones it will take several minutes masking on every change of works, the purpose of this high flow vaccum is with no vaccum zones, but you have to mask it? is like have a convertible car but you cannot use the convertible option, this printer is the new Canon Oce Arizona series 2300 LED printer this is the last model, they have another model version the ARIZONA 6170 HFV PRINTER, this version is High Vacumm to but this one have zones so you can control the vaccum and have no vaccum leaks

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Can't you just mask off the rest of the bed? You would have to do that on a non HFV option too. My understanding is that the HFV version is designed for hard to suck down materials, like warped wood or warped cardboard

Defiantly counter intuitive masking off the bed with no zones.

Hi and thank you for the comment its appreciated yes, we can mask the rest of the vaccum bed but this will make this printer the most unproductive printer on the market since you have no vaccum zones only to big zones it will take several minutes masking on every change of works, the purpose of this high flow vaccum is with no vaccum zones, but you have to mask it? is like have a convertible car but you cannot use the convertible option, this printer is the new Canon Oce Arizona series 2300 LED printer this is the last model, they have another model version the ARIZONA 6170 HFV PRINTER, this version is High Vacumm to but this one have zones so you can control the vaccum and have no vaccum leaks
Im curious if you have any errors on the consol? vacuum error?

Defiantly counter intuitive masking off the bed with no zones.

Im curious if you have any errors on the consol? vacuum error?
Hi Pauly, there is no Vacumm error its just the way this machine is design with this high flow vaccum and no zones having all this problems, poor quality printing because the ink bauncing back to the print head carriege ending to excess of purging to recover missing nozzles, I think engineers or designer of this machine make a huge mistake with this printer,, I just hope as a small business owner that Canon end doing the right thing, I will keep evrybody on top of this problem

I want to thanks the people of Canon Solutions of America for understand my situation and be on top of their products, they agree to switch the printer for another model, I want to thanks also this forum it is a open source of information for the sign industry

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I want to thanks the people of Canon Solutions of America for understand my situation and be on top of their products, they agree to switch the printer for another model, I want to thanks also this forum it is a open source of information for the sign industry
Good to hear. What do you plan on swapping it to?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hi Pauly, thank for ask we ending getting same printer we had before the 1360 gt with withe option, this is a slower printer with one row of heads only but have the
vaccum zones and 4x8 table

That's surprising since you had the 2300. the 1360 is a completely different spec.
Why not the 2200?

Once you start using LED on a flatbed printer you don't want to go back, I belived Oce/Canon will replace the 2200 and the 1200 series out of market soon replacing all the printers for LED curing

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Once you start using LED on a flatbed printer you don't want to go back, I belived Oce/Canon will replace the 2200 and the 1200 series out of market soon replacing all the printers for LED curing

Did they say anything about the issue?
Very curious, we looked at getting the 2380XTS earlier this year, but things have changed so we may go for something else.

one of the sales Manager from Canon told me they have a upgrade version. for the 2300 and they will bring this by September of this year, I think they have a solution for the table design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I believe there's a vacuum control for the pumps on the high flow table?
I spoke to my tech today and showed him this thread. He's never seen this before and that was the 1st thing he mentioned to me.

yes you have 3 different settings so you can control the speed vacuum if you use the medium or slow mode you may control a little the overspray but not enough speed to pull the media down, Oce make good printers and if something happen they take seriously to try to resolve the problem, just make sure this work for you before you make a purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paris Signs

Is there anyone out there having this same issue. I have had problems with overspray on this machine since it was new.
If anyone out there is experiencing the same problem call me to work together for a solution.304-522-7503 ask for Tony

Attachments

• printing red.jpg
    printing red.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 381

edcooleyar

Is there anyone out there having this same issue. I have had problems with overspray on this machine since it was new.
If anyone out there is experiencing the same problem call me to work together for a solution.304-522-7503 ask for Tony
We had a problem similar to this and ended up swapping out the machine. Cyan was spraying all over the place. How much printing did you do to get that much ink on the carriage?