• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1204 final questions

studio10

Have some experience with Rockhopper I, Mimaki JV3. Mostly, printed vinyl I use for outdoor and do wet application on glass. I need large format printer for smaller jobs, not for massive production. Next week I'll probably buy Valuejet 1204 (bacause of budget limit) so I have some final questions:

1. What is the print cost per square foot or m2 (ink + vinyl)?

2. Do you, real life users have some experince about VJ 1204 construction and durability. What about the pump, is it the same as Rockhopper I pump or better. Do you have problems with clogged jets or ink line? What parts I have to replace (waste fluid box, wiper etc) and when (6, 12 months)?

3. I get some test print on Oracal 641 vinyl (it is vinyl for cutting but we use it for test print). Prints are great related to resolution and banding but with bad resistance (for example, cyan test square I erase with my fingers). What is your experince related to resistance and durability of prints on Oracal or some other uncoated vinyl? What is the best uncoated vinyl for outdoor use, without lamination?

Please give me some answers because I have to make decision.
My second option is Rockhopper I 62" or even full solvent like Graphtec or Infinity.
Thanks.

Idea Design

...I'm gonna bump this because I'm always interested in the ValueJet info...thinking of getting one my damn self.

Matt Cuellar

Mad Dog,

If you're interested in learning more about the VJ, shoot me a PM or email me and I can get as specific as you'd like. I've got several customers on this forum that can vouch for the printer's success and our ability to support and make you successful. Look forward to your response.

Robert M

Mutoh 48"

Mad Dog

I'm selling my 48" ValueJet located in my Denver Showroom. Been a demo about 6 weeks, comes with a set of inks and a one year warranty

Call 800-328-1306
Ask for Robert
We are a Mutoh dealer.

randya

Have some experience with Rockhopper I, Mimaki JV3. Mostly, printed vinyl I use for outdoor and do wet application on glass. I need large format printer for smaller jobs, not for massive production. Next week I'll probably buy Valuejet 1204 (bacause of budget limit) so I have some final questions:

2. Do you, real life users have some experince about VJ 1204 construction and durability. What about the pump, is it the same as Rockhopper I pump or better. Do you have problems with clogged jets or ink line? What parts I have to replace (waste fluid box, wiper etc) and when (6, 12 months)?

3. I get some test print on Oracal 641 vinyl (it is vinyl for cutting but we use it for test print). Prints are great related to resolution and banding but with bad resistance (for example, cyan test square I erase with my fingers). What is your experince related to resistance and durability of prints on Oracal or some other uncoated vinyl? What is the best uncoated vinyl for outdoor use, without lamination?

My second option is Rockhopper I 62" or even full solvent like Graphtec or Infinity.
Thanks.

1. Print costs vary,

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/30/

2. The ValueJets use peristaltic pumps as did the Rockhopper (and most other printers in that class).

3. Waste pads for the waste box are available and are considered consumables as are the wipers.

dclet

P1010319.jpg

still haven't unpacked it. :)

definitely talk to Matt! He has been nothing but helpful...

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member

Thanks.
The big Squeegee will make the application to glass easy without the use of application fluids.

The amount of ink usage will depend on how much you use the printer. Infrequent use will allow the cleaning station to dry up making the pump work harder. Setting it to clean when not in use will also use a lot more ink but it will save from having to change pumps and cleaning stations often.

Use the same material for test prints as for printing. Each material may have its own profile so they my look different.

Check out www.printingdigital.net for more help on printers. The link is at the bottom of this page.

Urban Image

The media cost will usually range from 16 cents per square foot for an economy scrim to 40 cents per square foot for a high end scrim. Adhesive backed vinyls are anywhere from 19 cents per square foot to $4 per square foot. You get what you pay for. The ink cost is usually between 14 cents or 16 cents per square foot.

Many people had an issue with the hosing on the Rockhoppers. That has been changed with the VJ. I have had a couple of pumps to replace for customers that have had their VJ for over 2 years. I haven't had any that needed to have it replaced within the first year. Like Randya said, waste pads and wipers need to be replaced from time to time.

3. I get some test print on Oracal 641 vinyl (it is vinyl for cutting but we use it for test print). Prints are great related to resolution and banding but with bad resistance (for example, cyan test square I erase with my fingers). [...] What is your experince related to resistance and durability of prints on Oracal or some other uncoated vinyl? What is the best uncoated vinyl for outdoor use, without lamination?

I get good results on GMI and 3M. I honestly haven't used much Oracal. I did a while back but I can't even remember what the hell I printed on it or how it looked.

Hope that helps somewhat. I work in tech and R&D for a Mutoh dealer in Houston.

studio10

VJ final question

Urban image,
thanks for precise answer. I make decision. I'll buy VJ 1204.
Thanks to all.

ivacopoy

Price

Please send me price

Best regards
Zlatko
Mad Dog

I'm selling my 48" ValueJet located in my Denver Showroom. Been a demo about 6 weeks, comes with a set of inks and a one year warranty

Call 800-328-1306
Ask for Robert
We are a Mutoh dealer.

jiarby

I'd suggest that you pony up and get the 1604. It comes with a pick up reek and is generally bigger & beefier. It makes the 1204 look like a little canon bubblejet. Price difference not that great (5k?)