• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1204 No ink flowing through lines

lucasdowden

Of what I understand everything with the head goes back to the F2 fuse. Since you check that and it is still in working order, did you replace the head cables when you put the new head in? Working back its the head, head cables, CR board, Cables to the mainboard and then mainboard.

Try unplugging the head cables and checking those both at the head and the CR board, make sure that none of the metal tabs are touching another one, if they look good put them back in and try that.

When I was looking through this site I remember seeing someone having the same problem of no ink coming through the head... they replaced everything and it ended up being the CR board.

I'd recommend getting new head cables and a CR board and go from there...

lucasdowden

When you said you'd pull ink through the damper and when you were done it would create bubbles did you have the other line of the same color close so it just wouldn't suck the ink from the other line?

chad17

I did replace the head cables as well. Yes when I pulled ink through the dampers it would pull through like it should and sit there but when I push it back onto the head the ink flows backwards and starts to have air pockets.

RG

Chad, where are you located in MS? I'm halfway between Hattiesburg & Gulfport. If you want to, PM me your phone number.

chad17

Of what I understand everything with the head goes back to the F2 fuse. Since you check that and it is still in working order, did you replace the head cables when you put the new head in? Working back its the head, head cables, CR board, Cables to the mainboard and then mainboard.

Try unplugging the head cables and checking those both at the head and the CR board, make sure that none of the metal tabs are touching another one, if they look good put them back in and try that.

When I was looking through this site I remember seeing someone having the same problem of no ink coming through the head... they replaced everything and it ended up being the CR board.

I'd recommend getting new head cables and a CR board and go from there...
I will probably replace the CR board anyway but is there a way to check it or the main board? Just would be nice to know if it's messed up before I replace it. I keep replacing parts and get this hopefulness that it's gonna fix it just to be let down again hah. Thanks for your help so far and to everyone else as well.

lucasdowden

I asked the same question about the mainboard. No way to check the actual board, only the fuse. If the fuse is blown then you know something is shorting out or wrong somewhere.

chad17

I asked the same question about the mainboard. No way to check the actual board, only the fuse. If the fuse is blown then you know something is shorting out or wrong somewhere.
I will replace the CR board first since it's not very expensive. Don't know if this is correct but I have read that if the main board is messed up then the printer will act crazy and won't operate as normal. As far as operating normal my printer does just that except no ink flow. I have been trying to get a technician on the phone from sign warehouse(where I bought the printer) but they haven't called me back yet.

chad17

Finally talked to the technician, he said it sounds like the seals in the dampers are bad. So I am going to try this now. Anyone know of a good place to get the dampers? Sign warehouse sells them for $65 but that sounds pretty steep. Thanks.

chad17

Yeah I see where they sell it for $18. Much better price. Coming from Colorado maybe I can get it here within a couple days.

chad17

Well after replacing the dampers there is no change. I am looking at the CR board now just trying to rule everything out. I have found a fuse on the board that I can't get continuity to. I am not sure what this fuse does or if it is a fuse. I am posting some pictures if anyone of you have any idea. Thanks.

Not sure how to post pics here but maybe this will work.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Well after replacing the dampers there is no change. I am looking at the CR board now just trying to rule everything out. I have found a fuse on the board that I can't get continuity to. I am not sure what this fuse does or if it is a fuse. I am posting some pictures if anyone of you have any idea. Thanks.

Not sure how to post pics here but maybe this will work.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

That's a diode not a fuse and it would make sense if you couldn't get continuity through it as diodes cannot be tested consistently while still attached to the circuit. They also only work in one direction. Using a diode tester is the best way to test them but I would put my money on it being fine.

If you are not getting ink to physically come through the head, you do not have an electrical issue. You have a clog and/or air leak somewhere in the system. Nozzles are never fully closed and ink will flow through them as long as they aren't clogged. Nothing has to open the nozzle to allow in through. Pulling from the cap top with a syringe and making sure the other tube is crimped should always pull ink through and if it doesn't it's physical ink flow issue that is the problem not electrical. Also, in a decade of working with these machines with ValueJets being one of my specialties, I have never seen a CR board fail.

chad17

Thanks for the reply. When I try to pull from one of the waste tubes with the other clamped, I get a tight suction but no ink movement and I also can't hear any air.

chad17

Well guys I finally got it! I think atleast. I will try to print something as soon as I can get the printer to read the media. I keep getting undefined media.