• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet 1504

KSW Chesapeake

Anyone running the 1504. I am in the market right now and this printer is one of the top 2. Any input would be great. This is a lot of money to spend, I just want to make the right choice.

Thank you.

Matt Cuellar

Do you mean 1604? There is no 1504...The 1604 is the 64" model.
The ValueJet is a great printer! Easy to run, EXCELLENT quality, easy to maintain...well worth the investment!

I can't speak for that paticular printer but I have a ValueJet 1204 and love it. It doesn't surprise me to hear the 1504 it is in the top 2. If it runs remotely close to my ValueJet you won't be disapointed!

BadAss

Can someone tell me about the media width of the 1204? Since most media is sold at 54" wide and the specs say a max. of 51.2' in width.. Any help??? Thanx...M*

Matt Cuellar

The 1204 handles 51" media, but has been discontinued and replaced with the 1304 which handles 54" media to be more industry standard. Lots of media distributors (including me) offer 48 and 51" media for the 1204. You have to do some looking, but it's not as uncommon as people think.

BadAss

Thanx Matt. I will look into some things. At the shop we have a new 1604, but I was thinking of getting a smaller unit for the shop at my home. It seems we are keeping the 1604 busy and I can't get some of the smaller jobs in. Still thinking what to do....Thanx...Mykel

PartyMatt

The 1204 handles 51" media, but has been discontinued and replaced with the 1304

Yes & no. I was told by a rep at Signwarehouse.com that Mutoh was going to continue to manufacture the 1204 (aka Prismjet VJ 48") just for them. Other dealers who aren't quite so cozy with Mutoh stopped recieving the 1204 a couple months back and are now carrying the 54" 1304.

The 1204 will do a full 48" inches in uni-directional mode. In bi-directional mode it only prints on 47.2" of the media. So if you need to print full bleed 48" quickly, or you want to use 54" media, or you just don't like SW, then you want the 1304. If you don't care about any of the above, then you can get a 1204 from SW with Flexi for a pretty good price.

randya

The 1204, 1304, 1604 all share the same latest Epson printhead technology.

They use the same profiles as well.

The 1304 has a waste bottle instead of the waste tray and a reinforced printer stand over the 1204

Last edited:

Compilla

The 1204 handles 51" media, but has been discontinued and replaced with the 1304 which handles 54" media to be more industry standard. Lots of media distributors (including me) offer 48 and 51" media for the 1204. You have to do some looking, but it's not as uncommon as people think.

Hey Matt, What's the M a x i m u m P r i n t W i d t h on the VJ-1304 ?

Thanks!

JBarraxSW

Hi Chesapeake. SignWarehouse has the PrismJET VJ by Mutoh in 48" and 54" widths. They're awesome machines. We have an unbeatable value right now on the 48". Get it with $1,000 in supplies (your choice) FlexiPro 8.5 (a $4,295 value) and the takeup system for under $15k. Or you can just buy the printer and FlexiPro for as little as $9,995.00!

We also have the industry's most experienced tech staff for Mutoh printers and Flexi software, online tech support knowledge base and live chat support.

Call us before you buy! You'll be glad you did! :)

Case

Hi Chesapeake. SignWarehouse has the PrismJET VJ by Mutoh in 48" and 54" widths. They're awesome machines. We have an unbeatable value right now on the 48". Get it with $1,000 in supplies (your choice) FlexiPro 8.5 (a $4,295 value) and the takeup system for under $15k. Or you can just buy the printer and FlexiPro for as little as $9,995.00!

We also have the industry's most experienced tech staff for Mutoh printers and Flexi software, online tech support knowledge base and live chat support.

I don't agree with the industry's most experienced tech staff... I can name some that are better and more knowledgeable... :-0

case

KSW Chesapeake

Thank you for the reply. I have talked to Lori. I have got close to the same price form an other company that is less than 5 hours away. With on site set up and training for everything. Including color profiling my monitors. I will check with Lori again.

JBarraxSW

I don't agree with the industry's most experienced tech staff... I can name some that are better and more knowledgeable... :-0

case
Okay, let me put it this way. Our techs know Mutoh printers inside-out by virtue of the volume of printers we sell and the variety of applications we support in the field. They are involved with beta testing and vetting of FlexiPro, which is the most popular RIP in the sign industry. They know their stuff and can help you with just about any issue you come up with. :)