• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1614 Capping station valve

OLE

Does anybody know what is the purpose of valve located on capping station? It is marked on the picture.

Attachments

• capping_valve.jpg
    capping_valve.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 117

Robert M

Valve

When you take the unit apart you will find that the tube from that valve goes to the bottom of the cap top. When the head rests on the cap top the valve closes. My guess is that that valve is there to release suction that may build up from the pump sucking on the head and causing the cap to stick to the head. Just a guess.

OLE

So what is the point. My Valuejet 1614 constantly losing almost one row of nozzles(on the test) after 3-4 days, but only on magenta. When I was trying to make a suction, after the pump, there was no resistance in the line, and during the cleaning no ink is going down to waste bottle! Capping is in good condition and properly seals to the head. Is it possible that the problem is in that valve? I can se only small plastic pad on the left of the valve, is that normal? There is no peace of rubber or some other sealing on it.

Robert M

Pump

Pour some cleaning fluid into the cap top, do a clean and see if it goes down. if not the drain line may be the problem

OLE

Robert,
Test with cleaning fluid is good starting point, but I already done it. Fluid goes down freely.
Do you have any idea why only magentas have missing nozzles?

randya

So what is the point. My Valuejet 1614 constantly losing almost one row of nozzles(on the test) after 3-4 days, but only on magenta. When I was trying to make a suction, after the pump, there was no resistance in the line, and during the cleaning no ink is going down to waste bottle! Capping is in good condition and properly seals to the head. Is it possible that the problem is in that valve? I can se only small plastic pad on the left of the valve, is that normal? There is no peace of rubber or some other sealing on it.

Chances are that if you are not getting a vacuum in the line when you connect a syring then your capping is NOT in good condition and is NOT sealing.

OLE

Sorry for my late reply, I was on a business trip.
Yesterday I made check considering your advice, and I you were right, capping is not sealing properly. When I press cap upwards, with my finger, vacuum can be created.
Machine is demo unit 1,5 year old and it printed less than 100 sqm.
What can I do without buying new maintenance station?

roxym

You can replace the cap top only, at least I did on a 1304. There are merchant members here on the forum that can help you out with the part. It appears this is normal at about a year and a half of age for the Mutoh. I had a whole block of magenta not printing and this fixed the problem.

Robert M

Cap top

How long did it take you to change it? Pretty tricky connecting those three black tubes while dealing with the spring.

OLE

About half an hour. Yes, it's pretty tricky for the first time!
I did my way:)

Connect tubes to the cap top first, than install it on the maintenance station, and finally connect tubes to the pump and valve. Don't forget to put some grease on the cap guides.