• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 1614 rebuild

heyskull

Still waiting on new head cables!
I have changed the manifold on the print head as on removing the damper one broke of on the cyan.
After unblocking the Black K line as it was solid where the needle goes into the cartridge and reseating the head so it sits correctly .
At long last have it pulling ink through the maintenance station.
Sadly when doing a nozzle check I still have nothing.
So I am hoping either head cable or the dreaded F2 print head fuse on the board.
Am I going in the right direction?

SC

heyskull

I came back in to work on Sunday and had a bit further play with this. I had a spare set of print head cables and swapped them over. Once plugged in it comes up "058 head heat error". I then swapped out the print head with the spare that it came with. Which looks better than the one that is already installed (scratch on nozzle face). It is pulling ink through but not printing. So my next step is removing that pesky F2 fuse and trying to find the 8off I had for spares!

SC