• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet 426 prints are blurry/cloudy

aboostani

After replacing my printer head, the prints are not sharp anymore. It looks as if air is blown into the ink and makes spray and travel around the print area.
I put back the old head and saw the same issue. So bad head is ruled out.
The nuzzle check prints fine or the problem is not visible since the lines are very thin. The problem is showing mainly when I send an item to print.
The printer head is leveled and the media height is measured properly.
I have a clean encoder strip but I cleaned that anyway and that did not help with the problem either.
Please see the attached files to see the type of problem I'm having.
Greatly appreciate your input on what could be the cause of the problem.

Attachments

• Preview_2022-12-27 23-23-16@2x.jpg
    Preview_2022-12-27 23-23-16@2x.jpg
    916.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Messages_2022-12-27 23-24-09@2x.jpg
    Messages_2022-12-27 23-24-09@2x.jpg
    921 KB · Views: 126

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your head cables for any damage, ink splatter, or corrosion and change if needed. Unfortunately if it's not the head cables, this issue looks to be electrical to me which would point towards a damaged board. What was the original reason for changing the head?

aboostani

Check your head cables for any damage, ink splatter, or corrosion and change if needed. Unfortunately if it's not the head cables, this issue looks to be electrical to me which would point towards a damaged board. What was the original reason for changing the head?
Thanks, Solventinkjet for the reply. The printer was adding blocks of yellow to the print. We changed the CR board. But that didn't fix it and I changed the head and now this.
I thought about the cable but ruled that out since all the colors are having the same issue. But I guess that's the cheapest thing to try and fix so I can try that.
Can you think what board besides the CR board could be the source of the problem?
Another thing which might be a clue, we cleaned a filter that was attached to the UV lamp. It sounds a bit different. Could there be extra air blowing the ink?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have totally different printers, but I've seen that same look and usually it was we had the head set too high or too much static in the place.

aboostani

We have totally different printers, but I've seen that same look and usually it was we had the head set too high or too much static in the place.
Thanks Gino. Since it's a wood floor, I didn't think it would be the static but if it is, how would I get rid of that?
I dismantled the metal box that holds the head and maybe I reinstalled it a bit high. I will try to lower it down a bit. Thanks for the recommendation.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks, Solventinkjet for the reply. The printer was adding blocks of yellow to the print. We changed the CR board. But that didn't fix it and I changed the head and now this.
I thought about the cable but ruled that out since all the colors are having the same issue. But I guess that's the cheapest thing to try and fix so I can try that.
Can you think what board besides the CR board could be the source of the problem?
Another thing which might be a clue, we cleaned a filter that was attached to the UV lamp. It sounds a bit different. Could there be extra air blowing the ink?
Usually the CR board doesn't cause issues. It's not impossible but very very rare. Usually it's going to be a bad cable or the main board. AS Gino mentioned, it could be static as well but in my experience, the amount of fuzziness you're getting is usually electrical. That being said, I was wrong on an issue recently that I thought was electrical that ended up being a dirty encoder but it sounds like you already did that.

aboostani

Gino you were right on. I lowered the head and the problem is 99% gone. Seems like I just need to make some small adjustments to the placement and it's gonna be perfect. Thanks again for the input!