• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ValueJet and PrismJet V?? Whats the Difference?

mondo

Is there a difference between this two? Valuejet is from Mutoh while PrismJet V is from SignWarehouse and it cost cheaper. I want to know from guys who owns a PrismJet V or anybody who knows Valuejet. I just want to make sure that is the same printer with different name. Thats what signwarehouse told me. Are the print quality and speed the same? Please I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

Valentino

The printer I got from signwarehouse is clearly labeled VALUEJET 1204. the only difference is the support, with an official VJ you get service and support from the supplier and Mutoh (in Phoenix) with the PrismJet, you deal with signwarehouse and Calagraph (instead of mutoh)

Signwarehouse has answered all my help questions and it always helpful and friendly. Philip is one of the best tech support agents they have!

Also... there have been some complaints that the prismjet has some firmware problems....if you are lucky and get one of the machines from signwarehouse with old firmware, you can easily upgrade the firmware.

other then the service, your buying the exact same machine.

oh....are the Q series plotter is the Graphtec FC7000 (same differences are the prismjet)

myronb

When we bought aour Mimaki at the SBM show in charlotte in Sept. we also gave the valuejet & the prismjet a good look over. I liked the machine(s) pretty well. The only thing that gave me a little chill was that the sign warehouse people hadn't figured out how to but their label on the machine!!?? I mean, they could have at least printed a decal to cover the mutoh branding!! Little things like that kinda bother me!

mondo

The printer I got from signwarehouse is clearly labeled VALUEJET 1204. the only difference is the support, with an official VJ you get service and support from the supplier and Mutoh (in Phoenix) with the PrismJet, you deal with signwarehouse and Calagraph (instead of mutoh)

Signwarehouse has answered all my help questions and it always helpful and friendly. Philip is one of the best tech support agents they have!

Also... there have been some complaints that the prismjet has some firmware problems....if you are lucky and get one of the machines from signwarehouse with old firmware, you can easily upgrade the firmware.

other then the service, your buying the exact same machine.

oh....are the Q series plotter is the Graphtec FC7000 (same differences are the prismjet)

Thats what they said? But the thing that bothers me is that when I tried to add the printer on my computer and a ballon pop out that says "MUTOHRJ 900C"? I believe that this is an older machine. Maybe they just had the ValueJet chassis but different components. And what about the clamp rollers? I think they are different from the Valuejet.

mondo

Although you dont really need a USB to connect it. I just tried it. But when I did it reads the printer as MUTOHRJ 900C. And mine has a ValueJet V. No 1204.

Graphics2u

The same.

I am fairly confident that they are the same printer. I don't have experience with the Valuejet but I had a older Prismjet 38 and a newer Falcon Jr., They were the exact same machine. The prismJet even has the Same Mutoh model # on the back of the machine.

I can't believe they would change the way they market these new printers.
To be honest I felt I got much better Tech Support from Signwarehouse than Mutoh.
If you can save some Money :Cool 2: I think your getting the same machine and better support!

I wouild use USB to connect it and then see what name pops upon your computer.

Urban Image

There are a few other companies that offer the Mutoh ValueJet for $13,995 and don't outsource their tech support. Go with a Mutoh Certified Service Provider.

Graphics2u

There are a few other companies that offer the Mutoh ValueJet for $13,995 and don't outsource their tech support. Go with a Mutoh Certified Service Provider.

Unless things have changed Mutoh turns all service work over to Calgraph after initial warranty over also. Maybe that's different now but I've had to deal with calgraph on my Falcon.

Urban Image

If your ValueJet dealer is worth much they'll service it themselves. Falcons are mostly done by Cal unless your dealer is a MCSP.

Last edited:

kirkbedtelyon

Although you dont really need a USB to connect it. I just tried it. But when I did it reads the printer as MUTOHRJ 900C. And mine has a ValueJet V. No 1204.

I asked Sign Warehouse about using USB. I forget what they said it was for but they said not to use it for printing. Kinda strange to have it there but...

Anyways... Exact same machine. Right down to the box it came in.

Compilla

The mainboard is shared with the CAD version (RJ-900/901)
of these printers. There are drivers available for the CAD printers for CAD printing. These drivers can't handle full raster processing.
That's why TCP/IP it is required.

f3rri

Ok not all the same. I'm a PA Dealer and there are several differences.

1.) as a dealer WE send our clients referrals or reseach areas and markets that we can market their new machine.
2.) Mutoh is not in the picture on your new machine.
3.) Their cutter is not the same as the mutoh and it is like apples and oranges or a chevy motor in a ford it might work but it is going to be problematic somewhere
4.) service, FREE TRAINING, trade-up by dealers.
5.) yes their guys go through the same training as us but if I or they cant answer your question who are you going to go to? Well I reccomend the manufacturer
6.) profiles
7.) $99 for the first 12 months for a new valuejet 48"...Who really cares what it costs you can now own a machine and pay it off in the first couple of months with out putting a lot of out of pocket $$$ Where are these signwarehouse gods now...
8.) not a fan of SWH if you can't tell. They are to me as china is to the United States economy.

JBarraxSW

PrismJETV vs ValueJET

The only difference between the PrismJET V and the ValueJet is the bundled software, but it can be a big difference to a sign shop just getting into digital printing.

Mutoh offers the ValueJET with a basic RIP program called FlexiPrint that is a version of ScanvecAmiable's PhotoPrint SE with only Mutoh drivers. FlexiPrint will not support contour cutting and has no design features so you will have to buy and learn another graphic design or bitmap edting package such as CorelDRAW or PhotoShop. If you want to use the ValueJet with a properly equippped vinyl cutter for contour cut decals, you will also have to purchase software that support contour-cutting.

We offer the PrismJET V with FlexiPro 8 which is a complete design and production suite supporting graphic design of vinyl and color graphics, RIP printing, and controur cutting. With FlexiPRO you don't have to buy or learn CorelDRAW or PhotoShop and you have support for fast and easy contour cutting with any properly equipped vinyl cutter.
And speaking of the cutter, we offer the PrismJET V with either our Vinyl Express Q-series or a Graphtec FC-7000 cutter. Both are state of the art machines with a four point registration mark sensor. Both use Graphtec technology. Anyone who has used these products will tell you that Graphtec makes the most precise and reliable cutters on the market today. And they're much more than contour cutting plotters. They will handle anything from window tint film to sandblast stencil with precision. They're bullet proof, precise and extremely versatile.

And because SIGNWarehouse is America's #1 distributor of Mutoh printers, Graphtec plotters, and SAI software, we can bring all of these fine products to you at much better prices. Understandably, some people have a problem with that. But most of them are competitors, not customers. :cool:

Jerry Barrax
Product Manager
SIGNWarehouse.com

Last edited:

Urban Image

Mutoh offers the ValueJET with a basic RIP program called FlexiPrint that is a version of ScanvecAmiable's PhotoPrint SE with only Mutoh drivers. FlexiPrint will not support contour cutting and has no design features so you will have to buy and learn another graphic design or bitmap edting package such as CorelDRAW or PhotoShop.

True. If you are just getting the ValueJet the RIP software included will work fine for you but if you are getting a new cutter with it you will want FlexiPro 8 or Onyx Production House. Onyx gives you much greater versatility but Flexi is more user friendly. I haven't tried Onyx's GamaPrint yet but I've been told it is much more user friendly.

As for Corel Draw and PhotoShop, I would strongly suggest getting this software regardless of what RIP software you have. Every sign shop should either have PhotoShop or Corel Draw. I only make samples and provide support for sign makers and I still have it on my computer. Basic. If you can't lay down the money you can use GIMP while you save up.

We offer the PrismJET V with FlexiPro 8 which is a complete design and production suite supporting graphic design of vinyl and color graphics, RIP printing, and controur cutting.

Let your vendor know that is important to you and they will throw it in for free.

And speaking of the cutter, we offer the PrismJET V with either our Vinyl Express Q-series or a Graphtec FC-7000 cutter.

I have used Vinyl Express in the past and hated it. I never had anything but issues with it. I love Gerber on its own but not for the ValueJet. The Ultima will line up the image to be cut and cut perfectly even if it isn't loaded straight. This makes it so that lining it up is much easier to the point of not being an issue. When you use the Ultima and the ValueJet together it is obvious that they were made for each other. And, yes, of course it is more than a contour cutter.

All in all, though, it is a great product that you really can't go wrong with regardless of who you get it from. The difference between Sign Warehouse and Mutoh Certified Service Providers is, of course, service. Decide whether technical support and service is worth an added $995. If it is, go with a MCSP. If not, use Sign Warehouse.

Last edited:

Valentino

Let your vendor know that is important to you and they will throw it in for free.

I haven't laughed like that since I was a little girl, I called 5 places I deal with and the results were almost 4,000 dollars out of the ballpark, plus signwarehouse threw in a fancy laminator.

The Sign Dude

I ordered a graphtec plotter and flexi sign 8 from sign warehouse back in nov. 2006. when I first spoke with a sales rep on pricing and told her I would call back and order the next week. A couple of days later she started calling me pushing me to go ahead and order. She even offered me a little bit better price to order now, so I did. She told me my stuff would be there in 3-4 business days and I had an anxious buyer for my current eq. So the day before it was supposed to arrive I called her to confirm shipment and she said it had already left the warehouse and I figured it would be ok to let me eq. go.....Bad choice. The plotter arrived a day late and the flexi wasnt in there. I called and couldnt get my rep. so I ask to speak with someone else. They insisted I leave a message so I did. She called me back...the next day. I told her the problem and she at first tried to say that the flexi software was in the FACTOY SEALED box that the graphtec came in but it was not. She said she would check and see where it was at because it had already left the warehouse. She calls back the next day and said it was in transit and should be the that day. It didnt show. Called back..no answer..she didnt call the next day this time so I called her back...still no return on my call. By this time Im getting worried. after 6 attempts and no return I decide to call and ask for a manager and they send me to Taffy Delgotto who is not a manager. She tells me that she will work on it and call me back. She doesnt call by the next day so I call her ( MY SOFTWARE IS 3 DAYS LATE NOW) and I get her voice mail. I decide to call and ask for a manage again and They tranfer me to another woman and bless her heart the truth finally comes out. My software had to be drop shipped from scanvec and the order had not even been processed through them yet. She said it could be a week or so before it ships out to me maybe even longer. She said that my sales rep had access to that info and she couldnt believe she told me different. So I told her I just wanted a refund and she said ok. Yeh it was ok until my rep heard about it. She calls me up and starts screaming at me saying I got her in trouble and good luck on getting a refund that it would be a while before I got that money back...If any of you have bought flexi you know that was not what I wanted to hear. After that the only person I could get in contact with was the woman that told me the truth and it still took a month to put it back into my account.
My opinion on the situation is if all you want is a low price the go to SW but beware they will burn your phone up and tell you anything to get your money and when they do you better hope everything goes smoothly. If it doesnt then tough @#$@ SW has caller ID and does not have a problem avoiding your call.