• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet question

heyskull

On my machine one of the two pump lines is blocked.
I have cleaned all the pipe work but it still is blocked on one side.
Is their any instructions on dismantling this item?
As the only thing wrong with it will be it is blocked with dried ink!

Thanks
SC

J Hill Designs

they are fairly simple...I took apart all 12 of my pumps to get out the clogged ink...its just a tube that goes around a circle...main part is putting the zip ties in the same place for proper flow

Panett Signs

SC,

I just had my pump apart on my 1604, and it worked well. I flipped the tubes around so there's now fresh tubing in the pump. The hardest thing is just remembering how everything goes back together. You may want to snap some pictures as you take it apart.

Have you tried filling your capping station with flush from a flushing cartridge, and then do a cleaning? It does a great job of cleaning the tubes. But you may have a pin hole in the tube that is blocked, and that would be the reason that it blocked. If you flip the tubes as I did (if you have a pin hole), it'll be on the other side of the pump, so it won't cause a problem.

Robert M

Pump

Check the connection where the two lines from the pump meet the tubes that go to the waste bottle. That plastic part has a very small inside dimension that can clog.

jiarby

I just did mine... same thing, a clogged tube. I unblocked mine by squirting cleaning solution in the cap and then trying to pull it from the tube. Then I squirted cleaning solvent up from the tube into teh cap. Eventually the ink softened enough that I could swish solvent back & forth.

Finally I pinched the tube with my fingers and squeezed the ink booger all the way down the tube. It was about an inch long, and there were a couple smaller chunks.

I suppose you can open up the pump and just replace the tube faster, if you had the spare tube.

Attachments

• SNAG-0336.jpg
    SNAG-0336.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 177

henryp

This is usually not an issue with Mutoh Eco Solvent Ink but it is still a good practice to flush your waste ink lines periodically to avoid this problem. Enter the CR Maintenance mode, when the printhead has moved away from the maintenance unit, simply squirt some wash solution on the cap unit using a syringe. This will clear the waste ink lines and prevent them from blocking up with dried ink.