• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valuejet

3dsignco

(oops Didn't bother reading the other 3 pages of posts first)

Please let us Know Buddy how it transpires. We are probobaly going to replace our old Roland this year witha larger machine.
But a few of my concerns are the print then have to reload on another machine to cut. I hear about all this speed of the printer but what is the actual time saved once you figure inUnloading it from one machine and loading it onto the other. ( I guess you have to align it) then cutting it. vs Hitting print with the countor cut on the Roland and allowing the Roland to do everything..
I guess it would not be a big deal if you have to pull out the print anyway to laminate but since we liquid Laminate all our prints we just laminate over the cuts then weed, except for vehicle wraps (which we use regular laminate but are never countor cut anyway.)

Just curious on how everything goes as It does not break my heart to get another plotter anyway for other jobs. Have been looking at the signwarehouse package. If we go that route we will sell off the Flexi program as I strictly use Signlab and Photoshop.

Last edited:

Buddy

The ValueJet prints fast with superior quality (no banding, intense saturated colors) & cheap....did I mention FAST. If you need to compete then I would say those 3 factors would be critical. The new Mutoh ValueJet is so incredible, you'll see over the next few months all others trying to measure up. Personally I feel it makes the comparable Roland obsolete if it weren't for the fact Roland has great support.

As for two seperate machines. We deliberated for months over that issue and viewed all the optins. Purposfully chose a Mutoh / Mutoh (seperate cutter, seperate printer) for numerous reasons. Not to elaborate on the two seperate machines vs. one machine print&cut......but if you do your homework I think you'll find the reasons are about 10 to 1 in favor of two machines over one machine.

BUDDY

P.S. We bought our equipment from Unica Digital...........unicadigitalDOTcom (*see Matt Cuellar above post). Matt knows color profiles.

waximoff

prismjet extracv series

Well I finally cracked down and went for my first printer/cutter/lam purchase.
I chose this set based on many positive things i read including this thread!
Although, I did not get quite the deal that kirk bedtelyon and chiefBL were talking about. My salesmans jaw hit the desk so hard I could hear it when i told him what kind of price I was looking for!
So I was wondering if maybe Kirk or Chief could possibly share their salespersons name with me? my guy said he'd talk to his manager and call me back, well it's been a whole weekend now. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

tjybcy

Rep for ValueJet

My rep is Robert Allen at SignWareHouse. His number is 1-800-699-5514, ext 2188. He's a great rep & will be able to give you tons of info regarding the ValueJet. It really is a great machine. We've had ours since December, & have had absolutely no problems with it at all. It prints beautifully & very fast! Also, the colors are awesome. The packages you can get for the printer & the cutter at SW are incredible too.

As far as the "extra step" of putting it in the cutter---no biggie! It takes just seconds to do it & it's very nice to be able to cut another job while printing something else. Saves time actually instead of the other way around.

Just my 2 cents!

Teresa
www.avsignshop.com

Gene@mpls

I read in a trade mag that Fujifilm Graphic System is now a dealer for Mutoh
ValueJet in NoAmerica- for what it's worth.

waximoff

awesome! thank you.
I just had a call back from my sales guy and he wanted to know what forum i was reading all this on. said he needs to show managment to see if they'll match the prices talked about in earlier posts. So fingers are crossed and hopefully they'll pull through!

Valentino

don't be fooled...they do that deal all the time (19k to about 20k), just stand firm and sound confident. demand it. also...some of the other may have been exaggerating in the price, 1,000 dollars worth of media and free shipping are pretty hard to believe.

ChiefBL

Valuejet package fm SW

Hello all,

Been too busy to read the posts, just happened across this and thought I would put my .02 in.

Since I purchased the Valuejet package from SW, they have made the deal a few more times. I think they may regret doing so, but have no choice now, to match the price. They wouldn't have made the deal if they didn't make a good enough profit!

I would be glad to post my invoice (minus personal info) on this forum, if someone wouldn't mind teaching me how to? :)

I am EXTREMELY pleased with the whole package, the Valujet prints perfect!! The Q130 contour cuts so close you can can barely see the media....And I did detail contour cuts on 3" logos/decals. Teh laminator is great also.

Hope I can help others get this great deal!!

Bill

waximoff

well my guy called me back and said that 21.9k was the best they could do.
To be honest he was really making feel uncomfortable, talking about how anyone who had that deal before now has subpar equipment. According to him the Laminators are all new and the cutters have new firmware.
I know this is all just sales tactics, but I still feel a bit wierd following through the deal when I know people have paid less for the same print/cut/lam combo.

Valentino

new laminators? mine was manufactured on 1/06/2007, pretty new to me.

The cutter with firmware? if it's that big of a deal with bug fixes, they will post it on their support site.

the only thing that was subpar, I had to upgrade my printer firmware from 1.07 to 1.12

I dunno, it seems like you got a less then honest sales person who is really pressuring you into the deal.

Urban Image

Wait until the end of the month to place the order. He'll lower what he's asking to get you to place the order and add to his numbers for this month. Always place your order on the last week day of the month and the sales person will almost always get you a few dollars off to put the order in that month's numbers.

kirkbedtelyon

My laminator also has the new upgrades. My opinion is they should just say "sorry, we can no longer match that price" not make up stories about how our equipment is somehow out dated.

My salesman would not go down even another $50. It was the "rock bottom" "best price ever". Things changed radically when I told him about the deal others had gotten.

Good luck to you.

Kirk

ChiefBL

Patience...

Wait til the end of the month.

It took a FEW months with my sales rep calling me, before he made that deal (18.7K). After the initial call...I never called him. The bidding started in the mid 20K's with the Prism jet, and they never mentioned the "Valuejet", until I read about it here(thanks all). They have room to wingle...do you have the patience? Every time they called me I mentioned the other (bogus) offers that I was entertaining from other companies. Sounds "dishonest?"... I don't think so...It's just playing on a level field with sales reps...like others have posted ..."the sales reps swear they're giving you best deal, only to find out later you could have gotten it for 5-10K less??? who's being dishonest??

The final call they made to me..went like this...."they asked me what would it take for me to "buy" today (end of month) and I made my detailed one-time only offer, which included, deleting the old prism jet and replacing it with the newer Valujet and asked them for a fax copy of my offer (confirmation) (18.7K...I think we were down to the low 20'sK with the Prism jet package), before I gave them my credit card. Valuejet, Q130, 55" Laminator, extra inks, sign presence, ARM and a few other items.

play the "sales" game in reverse.

Once again...We are very pleased with the purchase....made a few prints on it today....very happy!

Good luck

Bill

signage

If you are going to play the pricing game with SW just make sure you get all the information either faxed or emailed to you with the model numbers and details. I dealt with them for a while then got a great deal. They shipped me a different model then said that is what the deal was for. I said no it wasn't and that I had correspondences on the final deal. After I sent them that info the straightened it out.

waximoff

so during negotiations I bring up a fabricated quote that a phantom company gave me.. What should i do if they ask me to send or fax a copy of the said quote with their letterhead for a "competitive price beat"?

if they ask me to send or fax a copy of the said quote with their letterhead for a "competitive price beat"?

Ask yourself this - Do you like when customers try and do that you?

One thing we have learned is not to state anything that we cannot back up - and we don't. Credibility goes a long way in business. What we do differently is go to the originating source of the better quote - providing we are comparing apples to apples. (We are in the process of doing the very same as we speak.)

Admitting to tactics such as this do nothing to further OUR cause as customers - successful or not.

None of this a slam to Bill. He managed to successfully expose a situation. For others to just make bogus claims is wrong IMO.

As far as even bringing up the bogus quote....why would you even have to? The cat is out of the bag. It has already been proven that this deal can be given. Anything less on the vendor's part would be a foolish way to chase away a sale.

Just FYI - If you want a 48" ValueJet, let your fingers do the walking. Get on the phone and call around. You will find that the majority of the dealers out there will be able to match or come very close to this deal without the hassles of playing games.

Trimtint

Well im gonna jump into the game also. We are looking at the 64 valuejet I asked the sales person at signwarehouse if we could get one drop shipped from Mutoh that is badged as Mutoh she said no prob just take 2 weeks longer.? Ok I guess. Well they beat any Mutoh dealers price so far but what about the Enduralam laminators are they worth a poo. Also Warrenty work with the printer they mentioned Calgraph. Any bad or good views. I searched but must not have worded correctly.

Scott