• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Valujet 1604w damper head - no ink at all

baijurj

Dear All,
I have this valujet 1604w that's been converted to dye sub. we have been using it without much of a problem for our textile prints, unfortunately i used some expired inks and the heads got clogged. i removed the dampers, put in new ones, took out the head cleaned it for days by placing (nozzle) in the solution, returned it back, but i am unable to get ink to the head or to the dampers through the ink lines, have done about a 100 strong cleans and ink charges, but not a drop comes to the dampers. The subtank status are all on, valves are all tested and working. I am desperate to get it back to it's feet, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Baiju

Robert M

Ink

Do you see ink going into the waste bottle when you do a clean? Try to pull in into the head from the bottom af the maint station. Try this first. then try pushung fluid through the nipples on the head itsef to see if the head is clogged. There is a filter in the head itself you may need to clean.

baijurj

Hi Robert,
no there is no ink going to the waste tank, I have been keeping the had for about 10 days i solution, and tried to flush, and found the clogg is not there.

where exactly do i pull from the bottom of the station? i also heard that the dampers might be faulty - they dont have any ink in them, i am not able to fill them at all.

Baiju

heyskull

There are two lines coming out from the bottom station and ther should be a connector on them, very fiddly so maybe take the whole station off as it only held by 2 screws on the right hand side.
I find this blocks if you don't keep putting a little cleaning fluid in the capping station from time to time.
The problem hear is that the diameter of the pipe is halved at this connector.
Also the pipes coming out of the pump need kept clear again use of cleaning fluid helps this.
I do not know what sort of cleaning fluid you pull through your machine since it is not running standard inks.

SC

baijurj

I have the cleaning Fluid as well and have been putting it from time to time. this time it's not helping though. can the dampers in any way be in the way of ink not coming through? there is absolutely no ink in magenta and yellow dampers, but one of the cyan has more than half ink filled in. black has ink until the damper and there is a little, wondering what is causing the ink not to suck. if i use a syringe to pull ink through, it comes but then the moment i connect the dampers, it goes back.

jc1cell

You could try gently pressing the capping station up when it begins to clean and see if it seals. I've had it not pull ink on occasions even after several little charges. Seeing that the hoses or the capping station were not clogged I then decided to try it and it started to pull ink again. Done it several times.

Of course, I then proceed to do a thorough cleaning of the head and rubber seal. If it still doesn't do it and I'm forced to push in again, then it's time for a new capping station.

jc

baijurj

valujet

You were right. i replaced the service station and viola, the ins began pumping (coming to the dampers.), now the suction part is solved, but when i tried printing, nothing.... there is no print. is the head blown? it was a new head.
also another thing, are there supposed to be orings on the tube that connects to the dampers? i didn't find it on yellow so i put them on and i dont' know if that may have also caused partly the ink suction.

but now the head doesn't print at all. no firing, not a single line of any color.

Pls help.
Baiju

baijurj

Hi,
i managed to fix most part of my problems, the fuse had blown. replaced the fuse, the cr cables and the cr board, but the same old head, even dampers are new.

upon printing i get prints but they are only streaks, we can't print anything.

can any one help.