• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VE LXI Master Ver. 6

Kingroot

I have damaged my disc for LXI version 6. I called signwarehouse.com to see if I could get a replacement. The dongle key is fine but I can not install off the scratched disc. The company will not replace the disc and told me that because I have not upgraded the last 2 years that I would have to buy the newest version 8. $$$ like $750. They even had the guts to tell me that a new version will be out in a couple months. If any one has access to a copy I would be greatful. Like I said I have my User ID, Password and Dongle all work great but my disc is scratched. Please help!!!

S

SignTech

I feel your pain.

I'm pretty sure it might be illegal to use someone's CD but maybe someone will help you out.

I agree that it is unfair and SW should replace your CD even if you have to return the scratched one ........ to show proof ........ but that's how it all works .......

upgrade = $ upgrade = $ upgrade = $ ............. did I mention $?

Techman

I'm pretty sure it might be illegal to use someone's CD but maybe someone will help you out.

IT is legal and encouraged to have, make and keep backup copy of your software. And, it is not likely to be illegal to get a copy of the same software from another. The dongle and serial numbers are your license not the disk.

IMHO...

imaSIGNr

How bad is it scratched? Where I rent movies at they have a machine that guarantees that they can get scratches out of cd's or dvd's . For $3 they run it through a machine that buffs it I think. There must be one in your town. Or if you want to send it to me and just pay the postage and cleaning cost I will send it back to you......Even if it doesn't work for about $10 total it's worth a try.

trakers

OK, I'll be there Mom here....

Backup, backup, backup. I use Nero to make an ISO of all my important discs. Then burn the raw ISO's to a DVD and store it away somewhere.

Kingroot

I have taken it to my movie store

They ran it through their machine and It just could not get the deep stratch out. It was my fault, I pulled my printer across it. I am hoping that it will not be to spendy of a goof up. Hopefully someone will have a backup copy...:help:

Eternal GraphX

I may have a copy.. I'll check tomorrow
thats funny tho, because the software wouldn't load onto a computer for me, so they just resent me a CD in case it was the original CD that was the problem. So I'll let you know ASAP

Last edited:

Kingroot

The Funny thing is!!!

If I wanted to drop $750 to $1450 on a software update I would just pay like 300 more and get the Vinyl cutter thrown in. That is just insane. I would have to cut alot of decals for my car to justify that :):help:

MrKoob

Usually when a company goes through an upgrade they are required to turn in all old disc. So it's probably not a matter of SW wanting more money, it's a matter of them physically not having the 6.0 disc available anymore since that was two upgrades ago. I used to work with some developer types that went through that.

Kingroot

know of any cheaper software...

If I can not get my hands on a copy does anyone know of any cheaper software that I can cut with? that is fairly decent...

JBarraxSW

Hi Kingroot. Sorry about the scratched CD.
MrKoob is correct. The problem is the age of the software. If it was a current version, we could just send you another CD, but we haven't had any 6.0 LXI software for quite a while. The only way we can replace this is to upgrade it.
PM me and I'll see if I can work out a deal for you.

511graphix

I only have 7.5 sorry I wish I could help.....I have my cd's in a metal case and always close by.....I always have problems with my production manager. and have to reinstall it every 5 to 7 months...... does anyone else have this problem? I have a panther 24"