• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector illustration/t-shirt design

K Chez

It's that time of year again...
All vector in Corel
Lead East 2019 shirt-FINAL.jpg

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Very cool! Nice work keeping it readable; I see too many flashy pieces that look impressive but the message gets lost in a tangle of armour plate and flames. Every once in a while I churn out something like this, but local clients will not pay anywhere near what it costs to produce. I just donate the art and use it as a portfolio piece.

Note: Everything but the lightbulbs. They don't look right on the more graphic background, and somehow detract from the exquisite dimensionality of the cars.

unclebun

Are you using a Corel tool to make the 3D look on Lead East? Whenever I try using Bevel, I can get a 3D look, but cannot get pretty colors like that.

K Chez

Thanks for the compliments guys! To answer some questions...
Signage - yes, all 100% vector
RJSsigns - best way I've found is to draw the rear-most objects first and work your way to the front. Saves time in having to re-order elements.
Uncle Bun - The 3D bevel in the Lead East logo was done using the contour tool. I did a small inside contour of the base text, broke it apart and copied to the clipboard. Then duplicated the inside contour and moved it slightly down and to the right, selected both copies and used back minus front in the shaping docker and set the color to white (as this was the highlight piece). Then I pasted the copy from the clipboard back in, duped it like last time but moved it slightly up and to the left and then did the back minus front again. This one was colored a little darker gradient than the base text colors and will be the shadows. Gives you more flexibility than just using the bevel tool, imo.