• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vectorizing an image

Inkscape works incredibly well and it's free. It's certainly good enough for any project I've ever had to use it for and as a screen printing shop we've done a TON of logo vector conversions over the years. We even took a low res photo of an MMA fighter once and converted it to a 128 color vector that allowed us to blow it up onto a 6' x 6' banner and the vector looked far better than what resampling the low-quality raster image could have ever produced, in my opinion.

Ricsy84

Inkscape works incredibly well and it's free. It's certainly good enough for any project I've ever had to use it for and as a screen printing shop we've done a TON of logo vector conversions over the years. We even took a low res photo of an MMA fighter once and converted it to a 128 color vector that allowed us to blow it up onto a 6' x 6' banner and the vector looked far better than what resampling the low-quality raster image could have ever produced, in my opinion.
Where can i download the full soft?Better than VectorMagic 1.15?

WildWestDesigns

You can export your files as eps or svg.

Inkscape's native format is SVG actually. There is a "plain" SVG and really that is more geared to web work as it cuts down the extra XML data (open up an SVG in a text editor and can see that XML markup) that makes it easier to us CSS and JS with SVGs. Once 1.0 is stable, quite a bit more abilities with different SVGs versions (even have an optimized one), html5 canvas version as well.

EPS is quite finicky with Inkscape. I would suggest keeping it as SVG, just may have to use Plain instead of the default. But that does depend on what machine you are sending it to needs. Some can't parse out that extra info on it's own and some can.

However, both of those options will be found in the "Save As" dialogue box. The only file format that Inkscape technically "exports" is PNG.